my kid is smoking pot... wtf?

Discussion in 'General' started by untamedlion33, Oct 22, 2011.

1. in a way im sorta proud, but i dont wanna deal with the fucking school. his teacher is calling me in telling me he needs therapy. Ok first i dont know any teenager who dosnt smoke pot, and knowing that he's gonna doit anyway. how to i teach him not to go around and brag about it to every tom dick and harry?

2. thread title made me think this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo]"I Learned It By Watching You" Anti-Drug PSA - YouTube[/ame]

3. tell him smokin weed is a privilege and if he can keep it on the low and not get in trouble than he can smoke. and tell that teacher to mind her fuckin business

4. yes well. pot is for responsible use by adults... who know how to lie to teachers and pass drug tests for there career. and of course dont use it in front of there kids. the funny thing is he has no idea i do it.

5. As far as you know, he has no idea haha.

How old is he?

and where in Buffalo are you?

6. [quote name='"untamedlion33"']in a way im sorta proud, but i dont wanna deal with the fucking school. his teacher is calling me in telling me he needs therapy. Ok first i dont know any teenager who dosnt smoke pot, and knowing that he's gonna doit anyway. how to i teach him not to go around and brag about it to every tom dick and harry?[/quote]

Tell him if it's spomething he wants to do, he needs to ne responsible and discrete. If he doesn't keep his grades up, hold a steady job, continue to make forward progress; he must continue to make forward progress.
    Also, why does the teacher think he needs therapy?
    Have an open conversation with him. Get on the same page and go from there. Open,communitatikn is the greatest tool when it comes to relationships.

7. oh, and if seems as if he's bragging about it, I would not let him know you smoke. His teacher hears that and it may get ugly.

8. If you tell him you're cool with it, he'll probably be more understanding about what you say after that. Just be like "smoke it all you like and I won't care, but don't get yourself in trouble".

9. just be like "aye yo son where the dank at?"

10. They then sat down awkwardly at the dinner table waiting for mom to leave.

"uhh... son"

"...yeah dad?"

"Wanta... hit this eh... bong with later tonight?"

11. Dad, I'll be alright...now gimme some rep before I tell mom about that whore you brought home last night

12. If hes under 16... I wouldn't allow him.

I hate to sounds like the evil D.A.R.E dude but smoking pot under >17 can be damaging to ones cognitive ability.

Bash me if you want :( i didn't believe it either till i researched it in Adolescent Psychology

13. Wrong. I started at 15 and I honestly don't notice a difference, I've always been a C student and that didn't change. However, I do become more lazy and less motivated.

14. "Whered you get this"

Da- ANSWER ME

15. I would start fucking with him, haha.

What school does he go to?

16. Flip shit on him, and then later that evening take him out to the porch to have a "talk". Spark up a jay and pass the olympic torch.

17. hahahah

contradict yourself much?

i didnt think it was that big of a deal to smoke regularly as early as i did, but i wish i woulda waited till i was 18. :smoke:

18. wrong? Do you have evidence to support this?

19. How did I contradict myself? By saying it makes me lazy and less motivated? That doesn't make me stupid, it makes me lazy and less motivated :confused_2:

20. First off, go up and offer him a bowl while you give him this talk. Just sayin', figuring out my parents was okay with me smoking weed was the best part of my life. It isn't unusual for anyone to be hitting a bong at any time of the day in my house.

But anyway, make sure his intentions with weed are right. He shouldn't be doing it to be cool, because then he will abuse it. Find out the effects he likes best. Like maybe stress relief, being happy, etc. Then work out some sort of system with him where weed is a reward for a hard days work, not just a given.