My hydroponic setup, any advice?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by waterfarmer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. #1 waterfarmer, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
    Hello forum members,

I am new to this forum, but I have been growing for a year and a half with decent success. I hope to maximize that success by consulting this forum. So, hello everyone!

HERE IS MY SETUP:

*In the flowering room, I have a 4'x4' area with a 400w HPS lamp. I also am using another 4x4 area in the same room for vegging, where I am using (6) 4 foot - 40 watt florescent tubes in 3 fixtures.

*The veg room is a drip system and the flowering room is an ebb and flow. I am using rockwool cubes as my medium in veg, and transplanting them to hydroton in pots for flower.

*I have been using A.N. three-part nutes throughout, with the addition of Big bud in late flowering. I would also be intersted in any suggestion you may have for other additives I might use.

*I am using tap water, between 425 and 525 ppm, and PH'ing to 5.5 to 6.0. While I have heard that RO water is best, I cannot reconcile the cost, when people seem to recommend adding cal-mag to RO water - the very thing that seperates RO water from tap. So , why not use tap? I'd like to hear opinions on that also, if you have them.

*Traditionally, I have flowered 4-6 plants in my 4x4 area, but I am starting to experiment with trimming more to make room for more plants. I am doing 12 this time around, and I plan on doing 16 next crop. Thoughts?

*Incidently, I have had very good success with cloning. Almost 100%. I am using a dome setup for that. Misting and dipping for the first week and only dipping for the second week. I DO tend to have a week of shock AFTER I take my rooted clones out of the dome, so that could be an area of weakness to focus on. My ppm, at that point, is only 700pm (from 500pm tap) and I usually get SOME burning, during the first week out of the dome.

*Now, I might be stoned enough to type all of this out - without a real question - but I would like to be more stoned next crop, so talk to me!

-Paul

2. I found 1 gallon pots to work well in EnF for SoG grows..if your looking into uping plant numbers for a better harvest W/O having to redesign your system. they have about a 6-8 inch footprint in your EnF tables..and I have seen some of the hydro stores offering 1 gallon pots that are square..making the math for your table even easier.

other then that you could look into SCroG grows.. Zpyro is doing an EnF ScroG..thts looking really good .

also .. prolly don't want to hear this ..but you could of course get a MH conversion bulb for your 400 watter ..and order in a 600-1000 watter... just a ( spendy) idea.

peace and good luck

3. Thanks for the reply. I am not SOG'ing or SCROG'ing yet. I am using (6) 2 gallon pots and 4 half gallon pots.

About the 1000 watt idea, were you suggesting that I veg with the 400 watt MH conversion, while flowering with the 1k HPS? Do you think 1k would be better for my 4x4 area? What is the standard for watts per foot for flowering? Thanks for the welcome, my friend.

-Paul