My house was used as a grow op

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Smiles11, Oct 2, 2018.

1. My husband and I just moved into a 4 bedroom house which when we first moved in, looked spotless and brand new. The first couple days cleaning, I kept finding weird stains all over the granite (counters, floors) but disregarded it. These stains were circles- like if you had left a wet bottle on the counter and never cleaned it (picture). Just figured the previous tenants were a little odd.

Today, I’m in the kitchen wiping down the counter, and it’s like scratchy- like it had never been cleaned before so I grab the scrub side of a dish sponge and scrub it. I go to rinse it off with hot water, and all I smell is weed! So I’m all like wtf?!

We go outside and we’re choppin it up with our neighbor and asked who used to live here. He went on to tell us that no one lived here for years but they would see people come maybe once a month. And then one day, PG & E comes through with a patrol of cops and raided the house. Come to find out.... it was being used as a grow house! Hahah it all makes sense now.

So anyways, anyone know how I can get dried up resin off my counters? And remove these acid stains? Hahah

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Olive oil on counters. What do u mean by acid stain? Are you talking about there was a flower pot on the floor and nutrience stained the tile? If so I’d just pull that tile up and replace it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hmmm resin, hash and other concentrates can be easily taken care of with rubing alcohol ( ISO) as for the floors like the guy said above if it's a flower pot over top then most of it would be salt staining from the nutrients.

But not many grow for profit in the kitchen of a house though.... more like making concentrates. Hense the cup stains. As for the floor only one can guess.

Next thing to note are you in a heat zone? Seeing as they're so clean they probably overlooked air make up when they decided to vent air out of the house. Cuasing infiltration and condensation in the walls possibly giving you mold problems

4. Denatured alcohol will remove the resin.

upload_2018-10-2_5-21-36.jpeg

Also listed as Marine Stove Fuel.
    upload_2018-10-2_5-22-10.jpeg
    Usually found in the Paint department next to the thinner and acetone.

BNW

5. ISO alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

6. I hadn’t thought of the ventilation systems they probably used so I’ll have to look through the house. Thank you!

The “acid” stains I was referring to look more like bottle marks than actual pots but I could be wrong.

7. Thanks for the suggestion for counters. For the floor tiles, they’re small circles- size of a dime.

8. Thanks everyone!