Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My High Has Evolved

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by OmegleMeister, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey All,

So I'm curious. When I first started smoking the highs were great, I would be carefree, everything would be funny, and being stupid was the best. Now my high has turned into over thinking and all I can focus on is my thoughts. I become reserved and my thoughts take over me. All I can really focus on anything, and my thoughts turn into me essentially thinking of every possible outcome for different situations.

For example, I'll misinterpret, maybe not, but I'll have a revelation about somebody or something, maybe that is the way they actually are or OR maybe its the high that is making me think like that, then I'll think, but what if it's true. I become possessed in my thoughts and sometimes it's unpleasurable. I've never had this issue, but recently it has become all that happens.

I watch videos of when I first used to smoke and everything was so light and airy and pleasurable. I mean I don't know, maybe it's because I've had the same quarter of weed for 2 months. (I try to only smoke on the weekends and my tolerance is also low) And this weed is definitely not some of the better stuff I've had, the high almost gives me a kind of mental block, like an Indica for my head, its weird.

What does everybody think? Anybody have any experience like this?

2. Could be the bud your smoking. There are a lot of variables though could be diet, Sleep, stress, lack of stress. I would buy a ten sack of something different smoke it and see how you feel. If you get the same feeling I would take a T-break. If you have the same feelings persist after the t-break I would try experimenting with your diet or sleep patterns. If you are in your late teens to mid 20's you could still be experiencing changes in brain chemistry which could affect your high. These are opinions because I am not a doctor.

3. Tap B rapidly and your highs won't evolve.

4. take a day break or so just to let yourself be sober for a small amount of time, relax and smoke a bowl or what have you the next day. Perhaps you can smoke with a friend who will take your mind off of your high and overthinking?

5. You know when I get high I just try to let the flow take me wherever it wants to go. If thoughts start to flood my mind, I'll go do some chores. If lazyness want's to take over, I'll close my eyes, sink into the couch, and just feel my body.

6. I think it might be the weed I've been smoking honestly. It has a very large sedative effect that allows for me to just be off in my own world. Giving me the opportunity to over think.

Thanks for the responses everybody! :)

7. #7 Ryubusa, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
    I sometimes get extremely focused when I'm high, and if I'm doing an activity that requires a lot of focus sober, I'm extremely focused on it baked. Ex. if I'm doing some sort of specific activity like playing guitar or a video game. However, I never get too caught up in my thoughts, and it's still usually a very care free experience.

There have been multiple times where I have realized things about life, people, certain problems or just little things relating to the activities I'm doing that I wouldn't otherwise think of sober.

TBH Ide love to try what you're smoking, sounds pretty cool!

8. perhaps your bud has gotten moldy for sitting in one place for so long..

9. Different strains, different settings, different drug histories and different moods can all cause highs to be vastly different from what you are accustomed to.

10. Sorta, I love being wrapped up in thoughts though.

Psyche

11. this made me laugh so damn hard dont even know why lol

brings back memories though, Poliwag > Poliwhirl and who the fuck could ever find a waterstone anyways :bongin:

12. It cant be that hard to just get high and relax

13. I think it tends to be more in social situations. It's difficult for me to focus on everything at once. Smaller groups are usually better. I mean I smoked last night, just myself and everything is great. I'm chill, I'm relaxed. But something freaks me out about being like maybe at a party or something.

14. change everything from food to bud ect.

15. IS that not part of being high? weed is not changing who you are, you are. I am the same person high or sober, you have control over your thoughts and actions so it is you who needs to change how you feel