Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My guide to making a cheap bowl

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by burandino, May 12, 2009.

1. I needed a bowl, but I didn't wanna spend too much money, and I didn't want to buy a cheap crappy one, so I went to Lowes. I spent less than $5 and made a pretty decent piece.

These are the parts I bought, all from plumbing:
    1/4 brass tube
    1.jpg
    forget what this is called, but it screws onto the tube
    2.jpg
    screens for kitchen/bathroom sink
    3.jpg

put together, looks like this:
    4.jpg

and WOALAH! happy smokin :smoking:
    5.jpg

2. That's pretty cool man, I think I'll use this for my waterfall im working on, thanks ;)

3. yeah, i'm eventually buying a good one for that bong, but this part can be used for homemade bongs/waterfalls. but when you're in the plumbing part man, you'll see so many things, you could make a crazy pipe out of all the stuff in there haha

4. Reps not bad. you used brass. I like that, Im glad you didnt use copper. copper bad folks. Lol. But yeah reps.

5. Hmm you know you could probably improve on this if you added a rubber gasket under the bowl.

Well I know what I'm doing tomorrow :rolleyes:

6. yeah i'm gonna do that, and i might try to weld on a screw to it so i don't have to pull it out when it's getting hot

7. Well I think you could save some time by taking a larger paperclip and wrapping it around under the bowl before you put that gasket on. That would probably hold it in place.

8. Got enough guns?:bolt::yay:

9. those are just my BB guns, gotta keep pesky critters off my porch
    the real guns are hidden, incase war ever comes to me haha

10. Can someone sticky this? Thanks man was gonna make a custom ceramic bong and needed a bowl thanks man this helped alot.

11. better take some pics of that bong boyyyyyy

12. so i smoked out of this last night, this has got to be the cleanest homemade peice i have ever made, no flaws in it whatsoever, comparable to an actual bowl, i am happy with it :)

13. i need a bowl and i wanna make this. Never used somthing like this.. how would you use it? Put the weed into the bowl and smoke from the bottom or something? how would the weed not fall out? sorry if this sounds stupid

14. well you put the weed inside of the bowl, but it doesn't fall through, there is a screen inside of it. and you don't smoke it from the bottom haha, you put this piece into a bong, glass, homemade, blah blah blah. hope that helps.

15. #15 m0ng00se1, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    I like it a lot :)

Will definately be swinging by the nearest hardware store after work tonight!

+Rep, even though its gray :p

16. haha thanks

17. it looks pretty good man, im gonna have to make one of these next time I decide to make another homemade