My Grow spot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by collie_man, May 1, 2008.

1. Okay, this is going to be a pretty descriptive post about my grow spot and all I want from you is to tell me whether you think it will work or not. If you are too lazy to read the description then just skip on down to the questions and do your best at answering those.

I live by a small forest. Naturally this is whereI decided to host my first outdoor grow. The area I chose is one of the few areas that didn't have a whole bunch of green stick like plants growing from it (these plants are a pain to pull from the earth and seem to be infested with tics) but was only home to a few plants that seemed to be in their early stages. I pulled the majority of these and now my plot is a small area of plain dirt. This plot is located right by a big tree and is surrounded by smaller ones. When I say right by and surrounded by, I mean by a matter of a few feet. So! Knowing this I am going to ask you a few questions.

1) If there isn't much plant life in an area then is it like that for a reason? Should I stay away from this spot no matter how much more convenient it is than going to a populated area and having to pull out dozens of plants?

2) I'm planting in a pretty thickly forrested area. This means that my plants will probably be under partial shade for parts of the day. Is this a big problem?

3) Is planting near the base of a big tree a bad idea? I can see the trees roots interrupting my plants growth.

4) Do rollie-pollies eat herb? I noticed thatt my small patch of land is infested with rolly pollys.

Also take into account that I am planning on planting in holes I dig that I will fill up with store bought soil.

2. 1. There is probably a reason for it, either poor soil or poor sunlight. You can overcome the problems if you amend the soil.

2. You should do your best to maximize sun exposure. The more light, the more bud.

3. I don't think planting by a tree is automatically bad, but I would stay as far away as is practical.

4. No, I don't think they do. There will likely be plenty of other insects around that do eat herb. You should probably have an insect control plan.

5. Good luck.

3. Thanks for the advice. Anyone got anything to add?