My Grow!!! (Detailed pictures updated weekly)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Eckolaker, Feb 12, 2007.

1. (Eckolaker- Okay, So I decided to start a grow journal to share my experiences and get advice from those on GC.)

Setup:

General Hydroponics Water Farm 8-pack w/13gal reservoir and controller
    2 600w switchable ballasts (I used MH for veg, and HPS for flower)
    2 Silverstar reflectors w/ 6" Flanges
    1 6" Centrifugal Fan (I used insulated ducting, although I don't think it matters)
    1 9000BTU indoor room A/C unit (Exhaust connected to ducting)
    1 5lb CO2 tank with regulator and timer
    1 Hanna "Hydro-gro" digital PH and PPM meter

Nutrients:

Fox Farm Big Bloom Hydro series.

Solubles:

Open Sesame
    Beastie Bloomz
    Cha-Ching

Strains:

2 "Crazy Train" (a strain some people I know perfected, its basically the opposite of Affrack, which is a Train Wreck x Afghooey cross) Started from clone

1 "Bubba Kush"
    Started from clone

2 "Salmon-Creek Big Bud" (Got these from a friend up north) Started from Seed

2 "Grape-Ape" (I had three but one ended up a dude, I actually got these from a Medical club I goto, I got a sack that was fully of nice healthy, tiger striped, beans) Started from Seed

Details:

This isn't my first grow but this is a new setup for me. I have heard quite a few good things about the water farm from people including some from GC. So I was in a position to change my setup and I went for it. I must admit that I am glad I did. The room is 10' x 9' plus a small closet(which I use for mothers). I don't use the entire room, which is by design as I wanted to be able to move around the plants and have full access to all areas. All plants were topped at the third node, and all of the plants have had a fair amount of low stress training. Everything is pretty much automated using timers. All I have to do at this point is make sure the reservoir is full and keep the nutrient schedule in line.

The picture below is after 6 total weeks of growing. 5 weeks veg @ 18/6 ( I add a week for the clones and seedlings to get established) and 1 week of 12/12. After about 4 days all 8 plants had shown sex, and only 1 out of 5 seeds started ended up being male. I will be updating this post as the weeks go by, I will also add a few more pictures from the last two weeks including some shots of the branches and newly developing buds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update: 2/18 2 weeks @ 12/12 Okay here are some updated pictures. These were taken a week ago so not much difference. I will have my friend here tonight to take more shots and upload them.

As for Afghooey being like Goo-berry...I don't know what goo-berry is so I can't say.

2. Looking Nice, is that afgooey about the same as goo-berry?? Thanks!

3. :hello: SWEEEEET setup my friend! Must pull up a chair for this adventure. Can't wait to see your updates, keep a postin! :hello:

4. updated 2/18

5. Mostly just a picture update today.

The ladies are looking great, today is officially 4 weeks into flowering. Major colas are forming and they are really starting to fill out. So far I am pretty happy with the results of the water farm and Fox Farm nutrients, this being my first time using both. I included a shot of the room and 1 of each strain I have going. Check the labels. Looking at about 4 to 5 weeks to go before harvest, and I think I should really see them start to double in size over the next two weeks. If anyone wants to throw out an idea of what is causing a few of the grape apes leaves to droop like that, it would help tremendously. I can't seem to figure it out.

Room Full shot
    [​IMG]

Grape Ape
    [​IMG]

Salmon Creek Big bud
    [​IMG]

Bubba Kush
    [​IMG]

Crazy Train
    [​IMG]

6. Beautiful plants!