My grow!check it out!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gotexans, Jul 20, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

First real grow that I'm gunna see through. I figured I'd grow while I'm still in Denver( six months left on the lease). On the left is auto afghan kush and on the right is auto northern lights. Running daytime cfls with ffof soil and the trio nutes, 24/0 till harvest.I think I started it around July 10 (10 days ago) , give or take. I leave the door open a lot for ventilation .So what y'all think? When should I start nutes and how do I use the trio for autos? [​IMG]. <<<does this seem like a good plan on how to use the nutes for autos? Anyway thanks gc , follow my grow. Feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #8 Vegi, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Hey dude,

I tend to give my plants a bit more growth before adding nutes. They look quite healthy and not really showing any signs of wanting food just yet. But that's just me. I only use water for the initial phase of growth and tend to start nutes when she craves it.

Especially as yours are autos which are quite fussy about food. You don't mention what medium you've planted in?

If you want to, I would only start with a minute amount per water (I mean like the smallest amount) and slowly increase in order to ween them onto the nutes. Remember, over watering is a common mistake in first grows, give it plenty wet/dry cycles.

Good luck

Vegi

Sent from an outer space intergalactic dimension 100 light years away...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks man I still haven't given it nutes I'll upload more pics later today there has been quite a bit of growth since these pics. I'm using fox farms ocean forest soil. Please subscribe !thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. FFOF has nutes dude, you should be OK for a few weeks from germination but would start to add some amendments once you feel comfortable. It's different for every grower, some have gone quite far with FFOF some have started to add nutes and/or amendments after a few weeks.

5. #11 gotexans, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Some burn because I wasn't home and the lights needed to be moved up and the plant grew up too close to the light on both plants

There is also a oscillating tower fan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. When do I need to start nutes? What's the feeding schedule ? I plan of following the pic I posted with my first post plans if it seems goood to y'all. I have the fox farm trio

7. With FFOF you're good on nutes until you start seeing pre flowers(Im assuming you're still running autos)
    About a week after you see pre flowers, very gradually start adding in a nutrient mix that is stronger in phosphate than nitrogen. After your 4th or 5th week of being "in bloom" back off the nitrogen even more, bring down the phosphate some and up the Potassium for ripening.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #16 girlzthatgrow420, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Hey dude, I feed my plants for the first time when my third set of true leaves show which tends to be 2 1/2 -3 weeks. First feed I introduce to the plants will be 1/4 strength then feed every 3rd water. You should move up from 1/4 to 1/2 then 3/4 and so on so there is no room for nute burn. When feeding less is more TRUST ME. Also when watering make sure your PH'ing the water, 20% of the water should always drain out and keep watering/feeding till that happens. Overwatering can be a threat but plants can take minor watering mistakes at this phase of growth amyways it's not the amount of water your giving is how often your watering. Make sure the top of your soil is dry I water during veg every 2-3 days latest. You can also check by lifting the pot to see how heavy it is. During veg you want to stay mostly on top of nute burn so believe me when I tell you to introduce the nutes 1/4 at a time. You do NOT want to shock the plants. Make sure your always watering the stem as well. Keep up the awesome work. Plants look very happy!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Check the PH of your runoff before you go adjusting your feed water. FFOF has PH adjusters pre mixed in, and adding adjusters could damage the food web of the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  10. May I suggest switching light cycle to 18/6, the dark period greatly benefits root growth.
    On a different topic you are going to need stronger lighting to make it thru harvest. What do yall think??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. He could potentially do a full harvest with CFL's but the buds won't be very good quality at all.

• Like Like x 1