My grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by ChemWiz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. I am brand new here so some help would be great. I've done quite a bit of reading on this and am educated in chemistry and engineering. I've never grown before :confused: so thats why I am here.

I was going to construct a box 5 ft by 4 ft by 4ft, with a 200W T5 fluorescent lamp, it is 6500K and a 125W 2700K light for flowering. At the top of the box would be the 200W lamp and in the center of the box I would have the 125W lamp. At the top of the box, or on the side beneath the lamp I will have a hole for the fan along with a carbon scrubber and a hole in the bottom of the box. The flow rate should be high enough that I don't need to worry about odor escaping from the intake hole but odor isn't that large of a concern for me. The inside of the box would be covered with Mylar.

I hope that the fan is fast enough for deal with the heat, my CFM calculations are about 4x the requirement for changing the air every 5 mins, and if not would I be fine with spraying water on the plants periodically to keep them cool? My goal is to grow 3 plants inside this box. Is this enough and is my box big enough?

2. Thanks, I will take a look now.