My "Grow Box" w/ Pictures

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by purplehazeguy, May 16, 2011.

1. So far its been three days into this years grow attempt, and this is what I have so far.
    We planted them on Friday the 13th so we're planning on calling the bud F-13 :D

[​IMG]

It says "F13" not FB :smoke:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paint the inside white and ducktape the outside. Way less of a fire hazard than that paper :)

3. #3 purplehazeguy, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    The paper was a last minute thing, we've had freak rain for a couple days so me and my co-grower had to quickly bring em inside off the balcony D:

4. Yea, I usually dont post in the grow section here, but that looks very flammable, haha, clever nonetheless though:smoke: Good luck with your grow

5. Proof that it can grow anywhere anytime. just give it light water and love.

Righteous

EDIT:

White lined paper is very thin
    Socket receptacles can get very hot

Thin paper + hot socket = bad day

6. Oh I thought that meant good day.

7. its ok man, they are easy to get confused.

8. I like waking up to fire truck sirens in the morning;)

9. I dont mind waking up to fire truck sirens.

Its the leaving to the tune of police sirens.

10. Hello once again GC Community,
    I think you guys didn't read when I said this was just make shift. We had a lot of rain recently and decided to make our outdoor grow into an indoor, updated pics will be up any minute :D

,Purple:smoke:

11. Outside :
    [​IMG]

Inside:
    [​IMG]

Closer Look:
    [​IMG]

Day 6 of the Better Plant:
    [​IMG]

12. #12 DetoxO2, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    Cloth absorbs far FAR more light than it reflects.

try painting it white, and if you cant paint it white, you could line the inside with reflective foil, or in a pinch (still fire hazard) white printer paper lining the walls and floor and ceiling.

Never black, repeat, no black surfaces in the grow area.

Try to get a make shift reflector for those lights.

Close that seal around the hinge side by using reflective duct tape on the INSIDE of the cabinet to cover the light, it will keep that light in, and keep the obviousness down.

Right on, keep up the good work.

13. Are you sure? Because I've heard that reflective foil will make burns on the plant,
    and I used white cloth because I was almost positive it wouldn't absorb light.

and thanks man ! Tommorrow we're putting them in bigger pots, making a reflective hood for the lights and maybe changing the white cloth ? :smoke:

14. #14 DetoxO2, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Im sure. When it comes to reflective surfaces the smoother the better. down to the micron. So when you have a blanket, you have all these porous strands divots waves and on a much smaller scale every little bit of fuzz that exists serves to further reduce or eliminate many MANY lumen's of your light

Foil CAN create hot spots if you put it up all cheaply with big wrinkles that create hot spots.

If you put it up nice and flat its ok, i also knew a guy who crinkled all his foil first so that instead of sparratic large bright hot spots you get a million insignificant ones.

15. Yeah you should see what we have in store. We went all out today and updated everything.

Reflective Hood and Sides, Bigger Pots, Black Earth Soil with Vermiculite.:hello:

16. Before:
    [​IMG]

One Week Old:
    [​IMG]

Side View:
    [​IMG]

The New Grow Box:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK/ WHAT TO IMPROVE :D:smoke:

,Purple

17. #17 DetoxO2, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Right on man, lets see some updated photos of your environment. Don't forget clean all surfaces with alcohol or other FRAGRANCE FREE NON TOXIC cleanser. (please for the love of god dont mix ammonia and bleach).

Hehe you beat me to it posting pics while i was typing a response.

Looks great. Did not see it closed so i cant see if you have any light leaks but what are you doing for ventilation.

18. Yeah we have decided to use small computer fans atm, but because of the nice sunny weather we have taken them outside for some nice natural sunlight. :smoke:

Thanks again Purple

19. Bump anyone Have any more ideas

20. Anybody know places to buy lights near Mississauga ? :D