My grinder wont collect kief anymore - HELP!

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by spikeystud88, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Well guys, did the wash on Saturday and boy did my GF and I have a good day :D. Got a VERY nice amount of hashy kiefy goodness, and since we only had a couple bowls of actual weed left, we went ahead and smoked all of it at once lol!

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black stuff in the final product were a couple little balls that I rolled off the sides of the razor.

Thanks for all the help blades, it worked!

2. Good stuff!! Looks like a nice lil batch!

cheers.

3. wait, so if i just wash out my grinder like that with iso, and i let that shit evaporate? ima end up with the same thing? sweeeet!

4. Lol ya bro. And I've actually cleaned mine with a toothbrush quite a few times over the course of it's life, so if you haven't cleaned yours at all you'll probably have even more :).

If you do it be sure to post pics!!

5. the higher the iso%,, the faster itll evaporate.

6. ^^^ correct. typically 91% is the best you can get at local drug/food stores. IF you can get 99% go for it. Just make sure its COMPLETELY evaporated beforehand. Its better to over dry it, then to under dry it out. Hopefully it was good Spikey. Have a good one.

7. #27 oneblownaZn, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2010
    so i was reading this thread with my friend after we grinded stuff up. my grinder is good if it gets this after only gring like 1.5 right? hahah

[​IMG]

8. not a terrible yield =)

9. Go to your dentist and ask for a "Proxy Brush" with heads. It is like a little angled brush with replaceable heads that is awesome for cleaning the screen on your grinder. You just take the brush and run it across the screen until it is clean.

Another thing you can do if you really want a lot of kief... get a "pollen box" on eBay. it is what I consider essential gear now. A small box about 10 X 10 that has a screen in the bottom with a small pull out tray. They look nice and are inconspicuous. They also work as a kind of humidor for your buds. :) Bonus!!!

10. The higher % ISO can actually cause the metal of your grinder to oxidize if you let it soak for too long causing some discolorations; so if you are fond of the color of your grinder you may want to stick to 91% ISO. Certain metals are more resilient than others so I'm sure that your crusher won't oxidize too badly...

There's my ten cents.

11. Toothbrush and booz

12. Awesome!!! :) that's exactly how it's done! :-D

13. I use 50% for my grinders. Gets the job done, doesn't cause any damage.

14. mine looks like an old tree with rings of hash , gonna do this thanks for the info

15. mine starting doing that aswell, i did a clean and alcohol bath'd it, works alot better now

16. Clean it out with a paint brush

17. My friend taught me this trick that I thought sounded so stupid and wouldn't work but I tried it and it works wonders.. it's crazy.  Literally grind up your bud in the grinder and then place the whole grinder in the freezer for about 10 minutes.  Then take it out of the freezer and bang the grinder on a table or something about one or two times and open the compartment where kief should be and somehow the freezing causes there to be a lot more kief...  See for yourself I'm not kidding.

18. Wow I can't believe I have had this grinder for 3 years now! also, y'all posting in a 2010 thread.

19. Freeze the bud for an hour then grind and shake and shake or dry ice and keif box shake shake ... you can really baked

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  20. What is Iso? Is that the stuff that cleans the bongs and bowls?