Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My grinder just broke...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by camram, Nov 16, 2011.

1. I bought a 4 piece 2.5 inch cali crusher metal grinder with clear top and kief catcha for $20 shipped on ebay. I used it once and it was pretty good but I gave it to my bro because hes a broke man right now and needed a grinder more than me. I just break up my weed on my lap and pack shit then lick my fingers its really no big deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-CALI-...036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19caced53c

2. Geez, you guys are like trichome activists. If I break up herb with my hands I just wipe them on my jeans.

3. those trichomes that you wipe off will collect in a grinder, and over time you will have kief. invest in a grinder

4. True but Grinders are not cheap man especially at smoke shops they sell those things like they're gold. It is a good investment but its not a necessity your still smoking the kief without a grinder if you think about it.

5. They're not all that expensive. got mine for 15 bucks. the next $20 you get, instead of getting a dub consider getting a grinder. the choice is yours :smoke:

6. Dang I had those acrylic just unbowed mflb then it dropped out and broke lmfao.

Metal all the way I have sharp brand which works wonders if u turn it upside down while grinding it gets it fine but not powder like coffee grinder does

7. Just get a cheap grinder Like this,

ForumRunner_20111117_114522.png

ForumRunner_20111117_114540.png

It was only like 12 or 13$, and its the only cheap grinder I've owned that doesn't flake aluminum/paint. And grinds beautifully.

8. I bought a crank 4 piece grinder from gcity store last week, very happy with it so far, catches kief like a champ!

9. I got this one today. Kind of disappointed with the local head shop. They had like 4 pc grinders for like $50.

I'm a little worried because I already had to remove one paint/aluminum chip. I hope I don't get paint chips and crap like that in my herb. This one was $10.

Smells like automotive tools.

Attached Files:

10. does anybody have any solid tips for maintaining a good grinder? besides just scraping it clean once in a while? i know of putting a coin in the grinder to knock the weed around a little, and putting the grinder in the freezer for a while makes it wayyyy easier to clean.

for example, i think my threads are going bad, getting gunked up. it's really hard to screw on. it's a 4-tray sharpstone...and i really really don't wanna spend another 30+bucks on a new grinder when the problem is because of the threads!

11. i had one like this but it had an 8-ball instead of the smiley face. i'm sorry my friend but you will only get about $10 worth out of that grinder. you are right on the money, the chipping only gets worse. the smiley face will eventually chip away too cuz my 8-ball did. it also does a horrible job of grinding the herb.

12. The grinding is the WORST. I'm using my low-end stash for a little until I can buy a real grinder.