Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My grinder just broke...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by camram, Nov 16, 2011.

1. It's the plastic kind and the teeth just fell off into a freshly ground nug. I just flushed it because I was worried about smoking plastic pieces.

Wtf... Stoner problems :smoke:

2. Metal Grinder? Anyone?

3. This. Can't go wrong with a good quality, metal grinder.

4. Yep Some iron grinders from the 1800's are still working. Thats some hard/tough material.

5. thats why you never go cheap now buying a second one means you've spent enough to buy the nice one the first time plus some.

6. I bought a diamond stone grinder i believe is the brand name, was 30 bucks from a local headshop, its got a kief chamber etc. Very happy with it.

7. There's nothing wrong with getting sticky fingers and pulling apart your weed by hand if you don't have a grinder.

8. Yea if you like sticky fingers. Touch screens dont though

9. Wasted thc on your fingers=no go

10. I don't have any touch screens so I never have that problem. I would just save up for a good grinder then. Plastic grinders don't grind as well either.

11. Burns better when it's ground up.

More surface area = faster ignition, more efficient burn

12. I said if you don't have a grinder. Obviously grinders are better, I never said getting sticky fingers was the best way to go, just that there's nothing wrong with doing it if you don't have other options.

13. Dude just check ebay u can find good quality grinders for under $25 shipped and it will be an aluminium with a keif catch.

14. spend the extra money for a good grinder. i'm a fan of sharpstone.
    also, when the grinder is nice and keefy, throw it in the freezer for a while then scrape it clean. it cleans much easier after being in the freezer so it's not so sticky. it also makes the grinder screw on better and not stick...

15. #15 hippie4u, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  16. go to amazon.com and look up tobacco grinders. There are some that are marked down from $100 to like $5.00... plus shipping you can get a nice 4 piece for like 15-20.

17. You can always use scissors to cut up a bud when a grinder is unavailable.

18. Well my plastic grinder was free but I really liked it before it broke. I've been doing the finger thing lately and it sucks.

hemp wick + finger ground herb = hard to light

I think I need to venture out and find another grinder today.

19. a pill bottle and scissors is a good substitute for a grinder