My god damn cat

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by lXtreeml, Jan 1, 2012.

1. so I started an indoor grow, just one plant for now until my seeds come in, and my cat is becoming more curious and is constantly going into my closet when I'm asleep to snoop around my plant. The first time she went in she just slept near by it, but last night she went too far.. she knocked my 8 day old seedling over and it snapped :( It had a nice little cluster of about six leaves at the top and about an inch of stalk which I stuck back in the soil, my question is.. will this root by itself? and does anyone else have a truly evil cat like mine that wants to destroy your garden all the time? and what do you do to keep your cat out besides the obvious? btw I put up mouse traps..evil bitch.

2. wow man, that sucks!
    i have a cat, but my box is sealed so she cant get in.
    i'd killllll the little bitch! haha.
    then the wife would poison me. LMAO!

3. if you have any rooting hormone id put a little on the stem and plant it in soil, spray with a light feed and place in a dome. if you dont have one any type of plastic container with a glass sheet over or clingfilm will do the trick.open thee box regularly and spray to keep the humidity up, good luck and with ref to the cat anythin citrus will keep her away i.e put a few lemons on the floor of cupboard. id advise you to stop letting the cat in because they cat transfer all types of bacteria and there quite fond on munching on the leaves.. ive lost a seeding to one of my cats she left me with just a stalk the lil bitch... anyway good luck

4. I don't have any rooting hormone but I sticky wrapped the pot and sprayed it with a mist bottle and it seems to be perking up.. we'll see how she does over the next few days I hope it survives.

5. also what you could do is chop the points of the larger leaves leaving just the stem and a little of the middle of the leaf. (less weight for the plant and somehow this makes the roots grow quicker, i use this method when i take cuttings)

whats sticky wrap? is that what we call clingfilm. and really you should put the whole pot and plant into a dome, by just covering the top of the pot the area where the plant lives its quite small and theres not much air in there as where as if its in a larger area.

remember you reap what you sew, me personally with the seedling being so small id start again with a new one, the first few weeks of the plants life is quite important,

Tip. when working with seeds germinate more than you plan grow, this way you can choose the best, strongest plant and bud her! or keep her as a mami as i do!

6. Mice love weed so getting rid of your cat is just going to result in your grow being eaten by something smaller and harder to catch. You may wish to determine how to utilize the cat more effectively to guard the grow, without destroying it.

7. make your shit cat proof bro.

i have 2 dogs and my roomate (who is soon to move out) has one as well. under no circumstances are there dogs allowed in the grow room. if they sneak in, they get their little butts smacked. they know better.

using mouse traps to deter your cat isnt a good idea, as if it hurts itself than your just going to spend money taking her to the vet.

as for your plant......weed can do some amazing things. just let it do its thing, and cross your fingers it grows back.

-OSUB

8. Your using mouse traps to stop your cat? What the fuck bro? That's really fucked up and you could really hurt your cat.

9. My cat is a bitch. Here's the proof. I woke up this morning and my brother opened my bedroom door to speak to me and the cat ran into my room full speed and right into my closet where I caught her before she got to my plant again. She literally wants to get to my plant-not sure if it's because I dont let her in there or what.. but it's where she wants to be. I truly don't hate my cat, I love her and she's one of those ones that's too cute to stay mad at but she definitely is either jealous of my plant or just really wants to wreck it. The mouse trap works both ways because I noticed mouse poops in there before so if there is mice hopefully the trap gets them, it's also a secondary for my cat.. it's not strong enough to hurt her but more of something to scare her enough to keep her out of my closet. I'm going to have alot more plants in there very soon and I can't have her messing with my seeds that I have invested alot(at least in my opinion) in already. I'll try the citrus thing too. She's a good mousing cat and I do enjoy letting her sleep in my room but I just can't trust her anymore.

10. It's called closing the door!! Your cat can really hurt her paw in the traps.

11. You can get scat mats (they don't like to walk on them), or plant a catnip/catgrass plant to distract your kitty if she's trying to eat the plant. If she's just knocking things over it's probably because she wants to lay under the light and you can protect your plant by making her a spot to lay by placing a bed down for her.

Your seedling will probably grow roots, but it will slow things down and if it was me I'd just plant another seed - if you have one.

Good Luck :)

12. i thoroughly believe in saving our planet and going organic and whatnot, but use some bait traps for the mice. i mean ive got some mouse traps set up in my house, but there like behind the stove and fridge and stuff, areas where the dogs cant get them. again i like to do things organic and shit, but mice in the house is unacceptable and you gotta do what you gotta do.

besides, mice CANNOT RESIST snickers bars. if you really want to catch them, throw a piece of one in your trap....

but really dude. get a closet door or even a cheap screen door to keep that thing out of there..............or just make her an outdoor cat.

and i really really dont mean to offend or anything, but this is more of a common sense problem than a sick plant problem. your grow room should be near air tight. it shouldnt be accessable by your cat, only you. if she runs to the closet door everytime you are about to go in, give her the shoe. i dont mean kick her, but put your foot under her and lift her up, launching her away from your door. cats hate that shit. hopefully after a few times shell get the picture.

-OSUB

13. Quick question...can your cat walk through walls? or wtf how is it getting in your closet just close the door haha man i'm sorry i would just not let the cat in my room if it was doing that shit i would make sure my door is closed at all times.

14. Secure ya grow space, (Rule :1), spend more time with ya cat, it sees or thinks you spend more time with the plant...lol...'is jealous' ./.lol

...see it's not the cat ...it's all those bugs on the cat...lol!

true

peace
    "V"

15. lol the launch thing made me laugh, they do hate that soo much. I keep my door closed most of the time. This cat is very smart though and she hides around the corner of my bedroom door and as soon as I go to leave she tries to run in and almost gets closed in the door. I'm thinking about putting her in there with me and watching what she does in order to see what her motives are. That way I won't be ignoring her but also making sure she's not going in to paw at my seedlings and maybe she just likes the light? thanks for the advice guys and I'll be trying to get better at this feline control as I go lol.