My glass is cracking

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ResinHits, Jul 25, 2012.

1. The other night I realized that since I have a gas stove, I can heat up my bowls until they're red hot and it melts the res for some crazy hits. I've noticed that if the glass gets too hot it starts to crack a little.. but not enough to completely bust the bowl. I was wondering if I should heat up the glass slower or not just put it down on metal to cool off on its own (maybe letting it cool very slowly by turning down the heat progressively). Any thoughts?

2. I personally think you should slow down with the resin.. It fucks with your lungs when you smoke it too much.. and I speak from experience.. As for heating it up, there's no real way to tell.. One day its going to shatter whether you like it or not :smoke:

3. Well, idk what kind of piece your talking about but thats not good for the glass, if you get it too hot amd even set it down to hard, boom, its gone

4. I smoke the res when I'm dry, so its not too often.. but thanks, Ill take your advice led

5. Un tempered glass, and non borosilicate glass will always crack if you heat them up, and cool them off multiple times. Its the inperfect elements that are infused with the glass that are getting too hot and expanding creating stress fractures in the bowl.

Dont heat the bowl over the stove unless its really good quality, in which case you wont get cracking untill you've heated it 50+ times to red.

6. might wanna try getting a glass rod or using a sodering iron or something of the like. you will be able to put that on the stove or you can heat it with a torch and roast your res hot hit style. another interesting way of removing rez is boiling it in water with like half a stick of butter wait till its fairly clean pour into a bowl let the bowl sit overniht in the fridge so the buttter groups at the top scrap off and use on anything as canabutter than clean your bowl as normal. otherwise aint nothing better than a little scrape when your low. save your glass and keep it away from your stove