My girlfriend is going anti-weed...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Dallasboy678, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Help me out guys, I'm in a tough situation.
    My girlfriend has really bad anxiety and she determined that weed is just making it worse. For some reason, she is making me quit weed!! I don't understand it, she is making me choose between her and weed. WTF??? What do I do??

2. you dont gotta do what you dont want. fuck that woman. tell her to quit doing somthing she enjoys(tht u dont enjoy her doing). lol see how she likes it..

3. Sounds like it's time to go anti-GF:smoking:

4. tell her that just because ganj doesnt work for her it doesnt mean that you cant use it. and man ultimatums like that are so stupid, why drop two major loves? i say you counter it and say she has to pick between [something she loves] and you. and then say how stupid it is. but if she is being unreasonable i dont know what to tell you bro

5. same idea as me bro. also, if it comes to it, pick ganj and say that marijuana doesn't argue with you and make you choose one or the other in life. that should make her chill

6. Man I'm tired of seeing people quit smoking because of their girl, tired of people changing their lives cuz of a girl only to realize how bad they fucked up when she leaves em later.

7. Tell her that you're not able to give her the dick unless u get stoned... :D

8. Tell her exactly what you think. Obviously you don't want to quit, so just tell her that you aren't going to quit for her because it's something you enjoy and don't want to stop doing. If she can't understand that, she's a shitty girlfriend, especially if SHE used to smoke weed. I know a few people this anxiety thing has happened to, actually, but none that have tried to make others quit because of it. Just tell her that you stopping smoking weed won't help or hurt her anxiety... because it won't.

9. you can't quit something for someone else. if you're gonna quit you have to quit for you. or else you'll just fail :)

10. Dude don't let her change you like that, that's the definition of being whipped. Some people say if you don't quit you value weed over your girlfriend, that's not true, you just value your freedom of choice.

11. i can smell cockslap

12. If you take that kind of ultimatum, and quit, then you are eligible to wear the pink button
    Button.jpg

13. i do not believe in giving an ultimatum to anyone let alone somebody you love.

14. she does realise weed can get rid of anxiety? right?

15. Stops smoking and then beat the shit out of her. Tell her weed calms you down. Anytime she gets an attitude about you smoking you gotta go upside the head.

16. In my way of thinking you can never go wrong choosing the girl, because the girl is the point. Everything around us in our lives are mere trappings compared to the worth and need of our significant other. The fact is relationships are about compromise, and the compromise part doesn't mean that you get your way, sometimes we gotta give shit up. With that said what I've found is that when people reach an impasse it doesn't mean that no progress can be made it just means if any will be made at all it'll have to be made differently.

You choose your girl of course but work on her over time, as long as you stay patient and understanding I imagine that her inflexibility may begin to waver a bit. Sometimes the direct approach just isn't the smart way to go, rather use nuance, subtlety and a dash of charm. Dunno, a lot of guys wouldn't want to put in the effort, they'd much rather pack it in and just live as they want to. And I must admit I have some sympathy for that sentiment but looking back on my life and choices. I can say now unequivocally that I'd choose a human over a thing any day of the week, and I'd much rather nurture a relationship with a person than with myself over a possession.

Life's short, love is rare, and weed is all over the fucking place. Feel me homie?

17. But do you want to waste your life trying to coerce/manipulate a person who has so little respect for you that they power trip by delivering ultimatums into being slightly more sympathetic?:confused: Maybe you should find someone you can communicate effectively, in an adult manner, without the childish "my way or the highway" games.

You can go very wrong choosing the wrong person. A good relationship nurtures you, a bad one is like a cancer on your soul (edit-eh, that sounds like bad 70's hair band lyrics...:p)

18. Your wording while explaining yourself was top notch sir, thank god for decent grammar. Why don't you try and comprise, lay out the facts for her and see if you can't find a happy median.

19. choose the weed.

20. If my wife or gf didn't want me to smoke it around her, because she gets anxiety from a contact high, or is bothered by it for some reason, I wouldn't have a problem with that - but just flat out saying that you must stop, even if you're doing it when she's not around, that's unacceptable.