Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My girlfriend hates me smoking pot, what do I do?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Titch, Mar 27, 2012.

1. boom
    /thread....

2. if shes telling you what to do shes gonna feel like she can control you on everything. my girl doesnt smoke but she knows i do. she just said as long as i dont get her arrested she doesnt mind. also women like men who stand up for themselves - personal experience =P.

3. As far as I see it, she should never leave the kitchen. So as long as you don't smoke in the kitchen you won't have issues.

Wait, screw that, smoke in the kitchen and tell her to make you a damn sandwich!

4. Tell her your gonna do it and she can accept it or find someone else.

5. you have 3 options

1- leave that bitch
    2- smoke behind her back
    3- educate her

6. Grab your nutsack and figure the answer out...

If you'd want my advice, I'd smoke pot and not ever tell her or bring it up... just be cool as fuck.

I wouldn't stop smoking for any chick, I wouldn't stop smoking because my Mom wanted me to when I was a teen, so it's only right.

7. Tell her to go make you a sandwich.

8. Trick her into eating edibles ;)

9. use the following equation

if (looks x personality) + ability to make a good sandwich + sex life < or = Pot

then run, run away with Mary and leave your self-centered ignorant girlfriend where you found her.

10. Don't smoke weed in the kitchen

11. Dont conform to the combine man, stand up for yourself.

12. let her know you'll stop on command just as long as she returns the favor.... in bed

13. I say keep smoking,and let her deal with her own problem..educate her if you can but if she is too stuck up to learn then fuck it!keep smoking and leave her,there's plenty of other Green Girls out there..hell my gf smokes as much as I do,sometimes more than me!

14. Keep smoking. Try to explain to her in a nice and polite manner what weed is all about. If she still won't tolerate you smoking, get rid of her! My best friend was in your exact same position and they went out for 3-4 years and in the end, they had to break up because of weed pretty much. There's plenty of girls out there that are cool with smoking, go find one!

15. Come up with some sort of agreement. Like you won't smoke around her and you'll have a "talk" if you start letting things get out of hand.

16. explain to her thats its no big deal, and if she still thinks it is make sure the door doesn't hit her on the way out...

17. This lady sounds ignant

18. Which do you love more?

19. Hey Titch,

Difficult question but obviously one that many people want to answer so I'll take a shot too.

I recently left a relationship due to some of these issues: she was pretty religious (don't ask, it's complicated) and did not like cannabis. She would not listen to any rational discussion. She wasn't vocally and visibly emotional about it but it was clear it often bothered her as evidenced in many passive aggressive episodes. She did not even like the suggestion that prohibition was a failed, racist, ignorant, and damaging policy.
    For her, and many like her, cannabis is a symbol of a different, non-conformist and potentially threatening segment of society. It was about culture war and not about evidence, facts, and personal choice.

The long and short of the situation, Titch, is that you will need to quit cannabis usage or move on and find a new gal.

I actually quit cannabis consumption for my gal for some time (7 or 8 months). However, there were still cultural issues that ultimately led to the demise of the relationship. We ultimately had very different world views. For her, those differences were evident via my cannabis consumption and my attitude towards it. Even though I temporarily quit, she knew I only did it for her and she knew my attitude towards cannabis was and always would be liberal and progressive.

It was an emotional break-up but it was the right thing in the end. She even had very young children with whom I grew quite close.

The bottom line in my opinion is that this is only a symptom of a possibly larger difference in world views and attitudes. With all the available information everyone can access, there is very little excuse for not having a basic understanding of the benign nature of our favorite plant. The fact that cannabis is illegal is nothing more than a miserable reflection of corrupt government that makes money by prosecuting, persecuting, and enslaving it's citizens via the corrupt war on cannabis. Sorry.

Anyway, I would suspect she doesn't hate cannabis as much as she hates the stereotypes in evokes in her mind. Raised in a "clean" environment is code for "my way is the right way". And you can be sure there are a lot more issues she will try to clean away from you.

As you can see from this long-winded response, I am now able to freely enjoy cannabis. I am very happy to be able to freely enjoy it. I was truly denying a piece of who I was when I quit for her. It eventually would have turned into resentment on my part if I continued refraining to appease her; and I think she resented that I felt cannabis was a harmless, delicious, beautiful, masterpiece of evolution.

You will eventually resent her for her tactics if you stay with her; it may be a while before it happens, but, once the "honeymoon" phase fades it will really eat at you. This will be especially true if you have any good friends who consume and discuss cannabis. Also, if you have friends who consume, she will likely move to limit your interaction with them. This is the beginning of a process.

I'm sorry for my direct analysis but I think, if you stay with her, you will see patterns that should make "red flags" pop-up in your mind.

I wish you the best, but don't deny who you are. The intolerance of prohibitionists should be met with rational and factual information. If that fails, you are likely not dealing with an objective person; you are probably dealing with some degree of "culture warrior". Culture warriors are typically ignorant (in the true sense of the definition) followers who do as they are told and prefer not to lead, evaluate, or make independent decisions. Culture warriors parrot dogmatic sound-bites and only change their minds when their "leaderships" deems it appropriate (or profitable).

The cannabis scene in the US has changed very rapidly since 1990 and all signs indicate it will continue. I dare to say I think it may essentially be legal (if not explicitly) in the next ten years. If it was legal, would your gal's attitude change? My guess is that it would not and if that is the case she is, quite frankly, completely unreasonable. Currently, it's a moot issue, but it could change very rapidly. Remember, in 1995 not a single state had medical marijuana; today, it's 16 (or 17?). The wall of propaganda is crumbling quickly.

Peace Brother.

20. Hear, Hear!
    Very well put!
    I wish I were capable of expressing myself half as well!