My girl just broke up with me :(

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by eso13, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Heartbreak sucks whether it's your first relationship or your 5th.
    Most people don't stay with their firsts. People grow up. People change, learn, and grow, and we don't always end up the same as when we started. And that's ok. If you do stay the same, that might be the bigger problem. 
    Take what you can from the relationship, learn from it, grow from it, and move onto a life that is focused on you. Be who you are, find out who you want to be, invest in yourself like you would in a girl you loved. When it's right, you'll cross paths with another girl, and try again. Maybe it will last, maybe it won't, but it doesn't invalidate the love that you shared, just because it doesn't exist anymore.
    Try not to become jaded. Relationships are hard. They take work. And sometimes they fail.
    I know it feels shitty right now, but those feelings will pass. It might take a while. I often feel like I do when someone dies. I mourn the death of the relationship. And gradually move on.
    You're young, you've got a lot of love ahead of you, so don't sweat it too much. :)