Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My gastroparesis experience and Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by thatluciddreamsguy, Jun 5, 2017.

1. #1 thatluciddreamsguy, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Update: 6/5/2017
    Certain concentrations of certain types of Cannabinoids can cause one to feel full or not wanting to eat. If you smoke, take small tokes or breaths. I also noticed that the body wants to tend to burp or fart when I smoke sometimes. Is this common?

Many individuals have posted on here in regards to Gastroparesis and Marijuana usage. I figured I'd chime in with my findings, and tell you what I have found out from my experience with Cannabis and the infamous Gastroparesis.

First off - Gastroparesis is a disease/symptom of damage to the vagus nerve which controls sending messages to the stomach.

What I've found: Smoking Cannabis tends to add irritation to the stomach whereas ingesting it relaxes the stomach muscles.
    Cannabis regulates the motility - meaning it helps control the movement of the rate in which things pass through your stomach.
    Being that Cannabis regulates the motility, that's one of the reasons I feel as to why it suppresses or stimulates hunger.

I would recommend using Rick Simpson oil as your main source of Cannabis intake and supplement it with some dabs if you have gastroparesis. Less smoke more edible.

Lemme know what you find out or have found out guys. I'm open to info.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Update on my symptoms - Dabbing seems to suppress my hunger rather than stimulate it - reading up on different things, I've read a lot of articles mentioning that smoking reduces stomach motility (movement/rate at which things pass through the stomach) - which might be why some people feel less hungry. Gastroparesis is not caused by Cannabis, Cannabis can relieve the symptoms by relaxing the stomach muscles

3. I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is you are trying to say. What is the question? You state "infamous gastroparisis". I have never heard of this. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone here. Are you a doctor looking for test subjects? I smoke weed and like 99.9% of the people who smoke weed, I get the munchies. What exactly is it you are trying to say? Weed has the opposite effect on you? Ok that's cool. I guess.

4. I'm looking for someone to talk to about the topic of Gastroparesis and Cannabis and a few other things to make sure I'm not the only one experiencing them. Sorry if it came off as otherwise.

5. No problem. I just re-read my post and I think I came off a little harsh. Sorry just looking for clarification.

6. Have you been diagnosed with gastroparisis? If not a doctor is probably a better starting point.

7. Findings?!?! Seriously, dude.

8. Is your Gastroparesis in the morning or all day?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Fat people fart more because they have more intake to exhaust. Blaming weed for being fat is like blaming sex for feeling good.

It's rare for a human being to weigh over 500 pounds but cancer happens to the most greedy of individuals.

Those who do not exercise their right to remain fit only harm themselves and should not be encouraged to believe fat is healthy or attractive in any way.

As far as gastroparesis goes, inability to fart when you need to because your stomach doesn't process food properly means you should get off your fat lazy ass and go for a 5 mile jog.

As you can tell, I do not pity the fool.

10. I have gastroparesis and I use MMJ to help with the symptoms. I don't have any problems from smoking but find that if I try to eat MMJ when I'm already nauseous that I will puke.

11. Hi, I have gastroparesis and I am 5'3" 104lbs. It has to do with vagus nerve damage causing the stomach to be either weak or paralyzed. I have MS which probably contributes to it. I can go for a jog any day of the week (hypothetically, MS is a bitch) and it won't make my stomach act right. I believe that if you don't know what you're talking about, which you clearly don't...maybe don't say anything?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Brotha... what in the world are you talking about? Was this meant for a different post? How does this relate?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Idk really this was a year ago. Must've been high or something but now that I look at it I may have taken a rickroll too far. My bad :speechless:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. lol

It happens to all of us at times... and I really need to start better looking at these time stamps... I think this is the third dead thread I've resurerected

• Like Like x 2