Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My friend's got a depression

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Miklelottesen, Mar 10, 2009.

1. I read that Catalyst is a good strain for depressions, but in Denmark there's no medical marijuana and there's only one strain of pot available (a skunk strain) so therefore I would like to know whether Catalyst is indica or sativa dominant and whether it would be good for his condition to use either the skunk (which is sativa dominant) or some of the pot he's grown himself (grown outside and by judging from it's effects, I'm pretty sure it's indica) and finally wether he should smoke it or eat it in a brownie.

2. I don't want to derail your thread, but why is only skunk available there?

3. See:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/147139-disease-specific-mmj-strain-list.html

4. Neviles Haze is amazing for depression. I love this strain

5. Catalyst is a good strain for depression IMO. I haven't had it in awhile but I would guess that it is a sativa dominant strain.

6. I live in Denmark where nobody grows, except for private grow ups. That means that it's primarily imported so there's only hash and this skunk strain, if you're lucky..

7. Here is my view on MJ and depression. Sativa's give me mental energy while indica's tend to relax me. I would not eat it as the dosage is hard to titrate. I suggest he take 1 oe 2 puffs - enough to get a bit high but not wasted.

Your friend should be taking care of his general health - eating well of fresh wholsome foods, drinking plenty of CLEAN water, and doing exercise every day for 15 minutes. Get a blood test for vitamine d3 - see a nutritionist about your levels - D3 has a big impact on depression. He may need someone to talk and pray with also.

clinton