My friend was NOT OKAY last night.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by throshman, Oct 20, 2008.

1. #1 throshman, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
    Prepare yourself for a long story / thread, I'm one of those spare-no-detail storytellers here, so bear with me.

Alright, so last night, I'm just chillin' at home when I get a call from one of my friends, M (the one referred to in the title of this friend). He says that him, C, and G are hanging out at the nearby park, and wants to know if I can come chill. I'm down, so I get in the car and drive over there.

When I get there, I park my car and get into my friend C's car, and we spark up a blunt and smoke a little bit. Then C whipped out a fifth and some orange juice, but we knew one of us had to drive, so we kept it to about a shot or two worth of vodka for each of us. Deciding that we needed to get some more weed, we pooled our money and dipped out to some dealer's house that G knows.

We roll up to the house and walk in through a sliding glass door. The guy who was gonna hook us up seemed pretty cool, he let us all in even though neither I nor C knew him at all. So we buy about 1/8th of "Sweet Tooth" off of him and then he offers to let us hit his Volcano vape. Of course, we're all down.

We ended up passing around two full vape bags between the five of us, and damn was that shit supreme. It felt like there was electricity bouncing around inside my head. The guy also passed around a little bubbler that each of us hit once or twice. Then, G, M, and the guy rigged up a gravity bong and each proceeded to hit it. Me and C chilled on the couch, not wanting to get any more high. Once the gravity bong was done, we all sat back down and started watching Napoleon Dynamite on TV.

THIS IS WHERE SHIT STARTS TO POP OFF.

So M is holding the mini bubbler and then drops it on the floor, looking down at it confusedly. I look over at him and he looks back at me, lookin' super pale and sickly and tired. All of a sudden, he tenses and draws his whole body up, as if he was about to stretch or something. But instead, his arms go super rigid and zombie-like, and he suddenly just slams them down and across the coffee table, sending cans and dishes flying everywhere, then he proceeds to collapse backwards into the fireplace.

At that point, we realized it was time to dip out, so we hauled him up off the ground and walked him out to the car. On the way there, he kept repeating, "Dude, dude, dude, dude, dude..." After a while, he started to spout random single words, like "Three... Red... Arm... Josephine..." We finally get him in the car and pull out, as he starts yelling, "I NEED TO RELEARN TIME!"

We hit up the Taco Bell drive through with our remaining cash, with M passed out in the back left seat. We get some Taco Bell, then pull over to a spot in the parking lot. Somehow, C and G end up with all the food, and M and I are left with nothing. All of a sudden, M seems to wake up, and the first thing he looks at is the taco in G's lap. He begins to wave his hand at the taco and repeat, "Gimme that, gimme that, gimme that," like a robot or zombie or something. We all have a good laugh, but as the laughter dies down, M just keeps on waving his arm and saying, "Gimme that, gimme that, gimme that, GIMME THAT!" in increasing loud volume. All of a sudden, he is just screaming bloody murder, slamming back and forth in his seat and staring dead ahead as if he's either about to kill someone or is about to get killed, as we desperately try to calm him down. We seriously thought he was about to die or something.

We got him calmed down and gave him the burrito. He took a bite and let it sit in his mouth for a while and then started mumbling, "I'm sorry guys, what did we just do, what's in my mouth?" All of a sudden, he leaned over and threw up. Then, he seemed super energized, and was buckling up his seat belt and yelling, "NO, I'M COOL, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO!"

After much flipping out and screaming, we realized we had to get him to a safe, quiet, secluded place, so we started up the car again to head for the parking lot of a nearby school. As soon as we started driving, M flips out again, and starts throwing up all over the back seat. I remember one moment where his arms (which were all zombie-locked again) were waving all over the back seat and he grabbed my face in his fingertips and stared at me like he wanted me to rescue him or some shit. Then he passed out.

We finally get to the parking lot, and proceeded to spend about two hours there, waiting for M to wake up from his sleep. A couple different people rolled through to pay their respects, just in case he died (kidding, kidding, people just wanted to know what was up with him). He woke up a couple times, then vomited, sat down on the ground, and proceeded to go into another screaming trance (this time he was shoveling the air in front of him into his mouth and making "NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM" noises). Finally, it started getting late, and even with M's lap and C's car covered in puke, we knew we had to take him home.

Long story short, we drove him back to the park, I got him back to my car, he cleaned himself up at my house, and then I drove him home. Seemed to be getting better around 1:00, about 3 or 4 hours after we first smoked.

CONCLUSION

Honestly, I've heard stories before about people passing out or throwing up or tripping on weed, and that's probably just what happened to M, but still, I've never seen anything like that happen before. The way he went into zombie-mode and started knocking shit all over the guy's living room, the way he was screaming "GIMME THAT!" like he was in physical pain for like 5 straight minutes while looking like he was about to kill someone, the way he would rapidly get better and then worse again... I don't know, but it was some SUPER SCARY SHIT.

Again, sorry for the long, overly-detailed story.

EDIT:

SEE MY POST ON THE SECOND PAGE TO READ MY FRIEND'S SIDE OF THE STORY.

2. #2 dogoncouch, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    sorry if i am wrong (kinda skimmed through the post...) anyway i heard about underlying mental cases if it is anything like that be very careful and have him get help.

also be very very very verrry careful with people who are going in and out of blacking out WHILE VOMITING... this is how jimi hendrix died. he inhaled his vomit.

3. Wow what a first post!

How is your friend feeling today?

Does he remember any part of his ordeal?

4. #4 throshman, Oct 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2008
    As far as any of us know, he has no preexisting medical conditions (and neither do his parents), he is not on any medication or pills, and he did no other drugs that night.

And yes, we were EXTREMELY careful to keep him leaning forward with his mouth open and head facing down for the ENTIRE time he was sick.

And he seems to be fine now... I texted him to ask if it was okay to tell other people the story (I hate to just be spreadin' people's shit around without asking permission) and he said, "Yeah, but you might want to wait on that, 'cause it'll be about 10 times better once you hear MY half of the story..."

hahahaha

5. well damn, i've never seen or even heard of such behavior from anyone on weed...even this one time when i smoked with a girl who was new to smoking and had only ever had swagg, i smoked some real good dank with her, and she started geekin out and saying her arms felt like jelly and she felt crazy, and couldn't drive, refused to pick up the phone because she couldn't talk to anyone...etc.

But yeah, you'll have to let us know what he says about his half of the story after he tells you!

6. HAHA.

That's funny shit.

But yeah man like wow o_O

7. Didn't anyone consider taking him to the hospital? It almost sounds like he was having seizures.

8. No, we didn't really consider taking him to the hospital, because:

1. He smokes a lot (he is a MUCH bigger smoker than me) and so if he had some sort of condition, it probably would have become apparent by now.

2. G, the more experience smoker amongst us, knew the guy we bought the stuff from and knew it wasn't laced or fucked with or anything, and he just kept repeating, "It's just really good weed, that's what'll happen to you."

3. Plus, he's not one of those guys with the chill parents who would give him a lecture on moderation and then drop it... If he went to the hospital and got caught for this, he'd pretty much be fucked for life. (I know, kinda stupid to place not getting in trouble ahead of physical safety, but the other two reasons make up for it i think).

9. It could have been something entirely unrelated to weed.

Here's a bit of advice kids... if someone you are with can't move their muscles properly, can't speak coherently, going in and out of trances, and is throwing up all over themselves in between passing out, then a hospital is in order.

I seriously don't mean to lecture, but fuck...

10. I have tripped on weed before, stuff like this CAN happen to you with normal, non laced stuff.

While i wasn't vomiting, I was crawling around my backyard with absolutely no knowledge of what the fuck was going on, and talking to Ronald Reagen and yelling something about spirals. When a friend of mine led me inside and sat me on a chair to calm down I was completely incapable of sitting and would just slip off the chair and go back to my ramblings. I don't remember anything that night except for the bit about spirals.

Stuff like this can happen, good thing your friend was all right.

11. I laughed so hard at the part where he was shoveling the air in his mouth screaming "NOM NOM NOM NOM" like a pac-man or something. Wow.
    I hope he's ok though.
    I expect to hear a great detailed story on what his side of th story was.

12. Sorry to harp on this, but there's a lot of younger kids on this forum, and it should be made clear that this is NOT normal behavior for someone who has just smoked weed.

I am glad your friend is ok, though.

13. Had he drank anything before that? Sounds like alcohol overdose to me. We had a girl do the exact same thing almost in a yaht that was tied up to ours on 4th of July. Thankfully you guys weren't on the water in 50 foot boats that you can't just untie and run to land. We had to hold the girl down for a few hours while the coast guard came.

I'd say alcohol overdose mixed with weed made some pretty insane effects.

14. Sorry, but that is really funny to me. Glad to hear he is okay. Update us with his side of the story soon.

15. Thats pretty funny, and I'm sure everyone you tell will get a good laugh. But I would get him checked out just to make sure he's aye ok.

Great first post btw. Glad to hear he's all good today.

16. Your friend and THIS GC MEMBER must be related. ;)

:D

17. my thought exactly..........I've seen a LOT of people try weed over the years, and the only one I've seen behave like that was a mate of a mate..........I gave him some really strong shit.......Blueberry, in a blunt, his mate seen him hit it, and ripped it out his mouth.......he was a schitzophrenic with Chrohns disease.......I think your friend should see a doctor, and tell him exactly what happened, and leave nothing out.........something not wired up correctly......maybe the weed was a just a catalyst to the problem..........Peace out..........Sid

18. im assuming your friend is atleast 18. if so he can go to any doctor and reveal everything he has done and the doc can't tell a sole.

he needs to go see someone about that. the worst ive ever experienced was when I smoked so much weed i was went mute for about 4 hours and thought everyone was a cartoon. but i wasn't puking and going insane. just halfway tripping.

19. i want some of that bud

20. If you get really high and then drink a decent amount of booze in the wrong order you can go apeshit. Both myself and my friend (just 2 nights ago for him) have had similar things happen to us except our personalities are more suited to silence and shaking. I had the same crazy vomiting and constant passing out, its just a weird equilibrium of pot and booze.