My friend ran away!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by da beef, Jan 30, 2010.

1. this is really serious. doesnt have much to do with herb, but it kind of does.
    so my friend started talking about leaving home to go to LA. we are only in highschool so he cant legally. i mean we are pretty much still kids. so we all thought he was bullshiting.
    he bought a bus ticket and left to fucking LA. i cant believe it. his mom called me and asked if i had seen him at school today, i hadnt because he was on the fucking bus. he only told me and some other friends but because we thought he was BSing us we told a bunch of people.
    so pretty much everyone knows. this is a really bad thing, i mean its a run away. so i know im probably going to get questioned. his mom knew he smoked. i dont think she knew i did or his other friend and my friend did, but if we get questioned do you think they will ask us about it? i have been clean a long ass time and so has my other friend, so we would do fine on a DT. im just really worried. and also, everyone knows we do stuff. what if they told the police?
    and the kid had no good reason to run away. he had the perfect life. awesome parents, nice sibling, he could do whatever he wanted. he had to fucking rooms for gods sakes. we asked him why he would go and he didnt even tell us.
    what the fuck should i do? his mom doesnt know where he went. should i tell her? its not like this isnt going to involve a shitload of police and amber alert and stuff. i just need to know what i should do. if this turns out like other runaways do its going to be on the news i bet. :(

2. Yes you should tell her. Your friend sounds like a douchebag, for real.

The police can't drug test you. If they ask if you smoke pot, simply say no, and be done with it. You're not a criminal, they just may want to ask you some questions about your friend's motives.

But yes, you should tell his mom. No mother should have to be worried about their ungrateful bitch of a son like that.

3. Definately tell his mom.....she must be worried to death....literally....motherly love is like NO other son.

4. Sounds like he'll be another homeless guy to whack with bread that you can all cry about.

5. Wow. I guess you are gonna have to tell his mom. Did he ask you guys to not tell anyone where he went before he left?

6. yeah ive realized hes a fucking ass hole if he thinks this is ok. im glad they cant do anything to me at least. he think everyone will think hes way awesome and his parents will give him more attention, like he can get any more than he already has... thanks for your replies

7. at first he didnt want us to tell anyone... but he eventually let us tell everyone because the little shit wanted attention

8. I don't understand why you're worried about drugs and drug testing.

He's a teenager who ran away. Teenagers have a tendency to do that, and it's more often about sexuality than anything else. Unless you bring it up, there's really no reason for the police to even suspect that drugs are involved at all.

Tell his mom what he told you, apologize because you thought he was being overly dramatic. Share ANY details you know so he can be found and brought home. You do not want to leave your friend on the streets of LA.

Good luck.

9. #9 Newbreak, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2010
    LA will know exactly what to do with a little shit like him. Might actually be good for him.

10. Thats what I was gonna say. If he really wanted to run away and never come back home, he wouldn't have told you exactly where he was going and let you tell everyone. Seems like he wants to get found and it could all be for attention. Pretty stupid.

11. Sorry but i wouldnt realy call him a run away maybe hes just tired of the same shit differnt day and wanted to experince something he never has befor

12. They usually end up being caught and if the cops question you I wouldn't sweat it with them asking you about marijuana use about yourself because technically they can't because that has nothing to do with your friend running away. I'd just tell them the basics generalized so nothing can lead them to your house being searched or anything.

Man your friend is either has a ton of balls to move to LA by himself or he's too stupid to know what to do.

13. I live in Los Angeles...he just fucked up. This isn't a city you really want to be in without knowing anyone. It isn't all glamorous, bunch of thugs and gangsters over here :(

14. yeah, so the police just came to my house like 30 mins ago. asked if i knew everything. they had already questioned my other friends so i told them everything so it matched their stories (hopefully)
    i guess ill post when they find the little shit. :(

15. WHAT 'stories' was there to tell? You just tell him the exact truth, you aren't being a snitch or anything your helping your friend who made a silly mistake. You say you don't smoke weed and it won't have anything to do with it.

16. Dude you're worrying way too much. You're buddy is the only one to get heat in this situation.

17. ok mom

18. uh, what?

19. tell his mom every thing you know... that doesnt need to include anything about weed, weed didnt make him run away. theres no reason for the cops to dt you. none at all, just be cooperative.

20. Based on what you said about him, my guess is that he wont make it halfway.

He's probably gonna bitch out and be back either today, tomorrow or sometime soon.