my friend and his medication

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by xclosedIvisuals, Apr 16, 2011.

1. So my buddy has a stomach condition that doctors are still trying to figure out a diagnosis. He just switched to some new medication and when he smoked a bowl he began to shake really bad for over an hour. He used to smoke all the time and now every time he smokes, he shakes uncontrollably. Is it possible for the weed to be interacting with his new medication some how?

2. It shouldnt effect the medicine at all... Could it be due to his illness that he has?

3. I know I've never heard of weed effecting medicine, however I just thought I'd ask. He used to smoke all the time with his illness and this never happened before.

4. It would be better if you named the medication and we had some more pharmacists and doctors.

There are SOOO many variables and possibilities.

5. is he getting anxiety? I know when I get it, my legs shake.

6. its possible. weed in itself is not dangerous, mixed with other drugs it can be harmful

7. My best guess would be that it is a blood sugar problem. Cannabis lowers your blood sugar, which can lead to the shakes, and even passing out! :eek:

I'd give him a glass of orange juice about 10 minutes before he tokes and see if it helps.

There is a whole section on "Interactions with other drugs" in my List (that 1st link in my sig). Since I don't know what the drug is, I have no clue if there is an adverse interaction with cannabis, but you can just click that 1st link in my sig and see if it's there. :D

Granny :wave:

8. Is your friend's name Phil?

9. is one of your friends name Ifraz?

10. no its not..

11. How did you know?! :rolleyes:

Oh ok, because I have a mate, named Phil, going through the exact same shit. He has to get his stomach pumped about twice a week because its fucked and the doctors dont know exactly what wrong with him. I smoked with him a couple days ago and he got bad shakes aswell. Good luck to you and your friend. :wave:

12. When I was on wellbutrin alone I would fucking go psycho and trip balls every time i smoked weed on it and more increasingly so as the more I took so I wouldn't doubt it.