My five year companion.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MunchyMan, Mar 25, 2012.

1. #1 MunchyMan, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
    Allright, I don't have any pictures on my computer but I'll try get some tomorrow.

I have had this small plastic bong for about five years now and it never ceases to amaze me! It gets the job done. Although a glass bong would be nice i don't see the point when a small thirty dollar plastic bong will get the same outcome in the end? You're gonna get ripped either way.

Anyway, I call her the 'Widow Maker' :) :smoke:

It's kind of like one of these except it is more square than circle?
    http://www.e-apollo.co.uk/acatalog/small-acrylic-bongs-sm.jpg

2. I'm sorry that you've been stuck smoking out of an acrylic bong for 5 years...

But if it's your thing keep on doin it bro, but I'll take my glass over that anyday.

3. A nice piece of glass can also be considered art.

4. I dont think i could ever keep a peice for 5 years

Edit: not talking about a real peice of art i dropped lots of money on... just a cheap acrylic or spoon.

5. What's are some of the advantages to having glass over acrylic?

6. [quote name='"MagicTC03"']What's are some of the advantages to having glass over acrylic?[/quote]

It tastes better, is overall better for you, and can be cleaned thoroughly and easily. Glass is inert, and is really just the best material for any smoking device.

7. Gross. 5 years! When i started smoking I.bought one. Then my mom took it. "Plastic is bad for you." She said. So I bought a glass peice. I sill have it. Get glass homie. Even if its cheap glass.

8. how dirty is that thing. gotta be pretty grimy by now

9. Hahahaha, i just ripped a bowl out of it and it still gets me as high. To be honest, i have only ever had the priviledge of even trying a glass bong once. I guess i could look into it but the money i would have to pay in order to get one is just to over the top. I could use it on much better things. And like I said it still gets you just as ripped?

10. And as for it being 'better for you' ... How? It's not as though I am inhaling plastic here. Its not that shitty.

11. yes, yes it is

12. You cant expect not to get flamed for plastic post. Plastic sucks, glass all the way. Sorry your feelings got hurt.

13. I dunno man.. Fuck the haters. Everybodys so quick to point out the fact that glass is better, when its fairly obvious that it is. But, smoke what you smoke, its not like you're smoking some shitty homemade with a duct tape and foil bowl. My parents only smoke out of those bongs, buy a new one every year or so. I dont know why but they love their acrylic...

14. [quote name='"regicidal"']I dunno man.. Fuck the haters. Everybodys so quick to point out the fact that glass is better, when its fairly obvious that it is. But, smoke what you smoke, its not like you're smoking some shitty homemade with a duct tape and foil bowl. My parents only smoke out of those bongs, buy a new one every year or so. I dont know why but they love their acrylic...[/quote]

I know what you mean by parents and there pipes. I bought my dad a helix interchangable. Hes never used it. Still smokes out of his metal chillum. Just sad.. To each his own..

15. I have other 'utensils', I have only kept this bong since it was my first ever bong that wasn't made with duct tape and a plastic bottle, idk why but i just kept it and hit it every so often, always clean it though. When i'm not hitting it i usually pull buckies. Buckies are guaranteed to fuck you up.

16. After 5 years, I doubt there's much off-gassing of the plastic going on. You've done broke it in... and I even drink water out of glass, so I'm not into petrochemical poisons. If the bowl is aluminum though, I'd toss it... Why inhale metal vapors?

17. Just a metal piece. I've been using these types of 'bowls' my whole life, these or a drill socket. We call them cone pieces in NZ.

But i have decided to put the bong out of use. Not bin it but not use at least. I plan to save up for a glass piece but it might take a while because the only spare money i usually have is for buds.

18. 10 bucks a week. You can get a nice peice if you save for a month. Delta9 makes a good cheap bong. I got a decent one for 60.

19. Allrighty, i better start saving.

20. Not a shabby idea..

I'm just surprised you spent 30$ on that bong man, should have ran you like 15$ but whatever gets the job done I suppose. :smoke: