My First UK Outdoor Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WindowSillDude, Sep 3, 2018.

1. First post. I've got growing experience, but no equipment so I decided to do an organic outdoor grow with just water (I have nutes, but won't be using them).

These are about 3 weeks in. They starting going out in outdoor light from morning until night for about a week now. I've topped some of them early on so they're healing up. I don't want these growing tall and need to control the height. I've got a dark room for when it comes to flowering. I want the canopy of that bucket filled will bud sites while keeping the plant length very short. Hopefully will give it a bit more strength too.

But more than anything this is an experiment to see how well plants grow outdoors in the UK. These are a mix of female indica strains that I got for free from the seed bank on my last purchase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Still growing strong. Been putting them outdoors. I've been very brutal with these plants. The little one on the first image above (bottom right) I've just topped it as the second set of leaves came through. Just to see what happens as I'd never do something like this in a HPS grow.

[​IMG]

They're pinned down so the developing stems that appeared after topping them get the most amount of natural sunlight.

I've got another one in a pot that has been chopped and skewed and it's now starting to develop stems all over the place. This one is called Frankenstein ...

[​IMG]
    Genuinely having fun doing this because there's no cost, or worry, involved. Just fuxing with a handful of seeds and some soil.

3. Repotted them into bigger separate "cups". I didn't want to deal with problems alter down the line in separate pots. I started feeding them Biobizz organic fish nutes and they've just had some calcium as some of the plants were developing deficiencies. They look sparse because I've picked them apart, but now the tops are there I'll leave them alone. No more stressing just yet. Soon as the the stems start growing from the leaf branches the leaf tends to die off so I pick it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. #4 WindowSillDude, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    will start new thread as I moved them indoors

5. You claim experience but grow enmass anyways

then use a window sill to propagate

in time you will note weed prefers its own pot

and as you will find temps swings too far in a window sill

add more perlite it'll avoid most of the forth coming root compaction

good luck

6. #6 WindowSillDude, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    If you read what I first posted I said I didn't have a light and was planning to do them outdoors. I have since purchased a light 7 days ago and they've exploded. If money could afford it I'd have the best setup I could by but for now I'm working with what I got to get some medicinal weed for my edibles. 4 ounces is enough to last me a good 6 months at least.

I've topped them in veg because height would be an issue, they're on biobizz fish nutes for another week or so then I'm switching to biobizz bloom as they're currently on 12/12 because I need my medicine asap after recently losing my job.

You just make do and work with what you got. I spent my last bit of savings on a 600w omega light but can only run at 250watt because I don't have adequate ventilation to run any higher.

I had a mildew problem with a few of them which I believe started outdoors but baking soda and a drop of washing liquid cleared that up no problem.

[​IMG]

7. Well how's things going for ya now. Hope all is well hope the girls are good too

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey Ky, They're doing ok ... ish.

I took them out of the wooden wardrobe because it was causing mildew to grow on them. 2 weeks ago I had to spray them up with bicarb and washing liquid. It damaged some of the leaves. Since moving them I haven't had any occurrence of mildew show up. I've now got them in a tent, under 400w, with an 5 inch extractor fan with some ducting and silencers. Also got a large osc. fan. Decided to go all in as I'm fed up of having to buy street weed.

Back to the plants. I started feeding them bio bizz bloom, bio bizz grow, and bio bizz top max. First time I've used bio bizz so I am following there charts.This is where I feel the problem is. My pots are much smaller than usual and I think following the guide is causing the problems I'm having now ...

[​IMG]

Top leaves appear normal ...

[​IMG]

This is start to appear on the tips of new lower leaves. On other plants the lower fan leaves are turning a pale green, then yellow, and then they crisp up and drop off. Seems to be the older fan leaves but it's too early in flower for this to be happening. There about week 3 now after the transition.

Here's the whole batch of them ...

[​IMG]

I'm going to feed them water for a while and see if it improves and then gradually increase the feeding. They need feeding every day almost because the pots dry up fast. Never growing in these pots again.

Growing in organic soil. Haven't Ph tested runoff as I don't usually have Ph issues with organic soil but I will test the run off tonight when I water them with plain water.

I'm planning to up them to 600watts next week I'm just waiting for my bulb to arrive. Going to be really interesting to see how these grow because I've got shoots coming out from everywhere at the moment reaching for the canopy.

The nutes I'm feeding them contain all the nutrients they need so I'm puzzled ... Any advice is much appreciated.

9. With the budget micro set - up that you have - I might have considered filling those cups with perlite or vermiculite instead of soil, after cutting away the cup bottoms first. Then set 'em in that drip tray, and do a passive type hydroponic grow. Would probably help alleviate, or at least lessen the root compaction and salt build up issues. Maybe provide a bigger yield as well.