Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first time smoking...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Troy, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Well me and my friend smoked weed for the first time last weekend, but I don't know if it worked right.. So we rolled a joint as best we could and about 5 mins after smoking it, things started getting weird. First of I could not stop laughing which made me realize I must be high. We were walking around in the snow but I felt like I was climbing a mountain

So these feelings lasted about 10 minutes when my friend turns to me and tells me he isn't feeling any different like I am. He gets all serious and makes me calm down. After that I was like completely back to normal and no more weirdness or anything. Does anybody know what is wrong? I know that I had some good weed the guy I got it from sells great stuff as I've been told.

2. well... im not trying to be mean but if you cared to look at some of the many similar threads to yours you would see that its normal to not get high the first time. It probably took me 4 times to really feel it. You could also be inhaling incorrectly, after you inhale a toke or hit breath in fresh air and hold it for 3-5 secs then exhale

3. Also man, it doesn't sound like not feeling it had anything to do with you, it sounds like it's your boy's fault. He made you calm down which is the exact same thing as a buzzkill. Who you smoke with effects how good/bad your high is. Sorry your friend brought you down man. Better luck nect time brah!

4. you didn't get high, but definitely buzzed. many people don't get high their first time, so its ok :). next time just try to inhale more, like the first post, and soon you'll get the hang of it. if you think it has something to do with the rolling, try smoking out of a bowl until you get better at it (there's many posts showing how to roll joints/blunts) :smoke:

5. oh no, i didn't know this was a double post! :rolleyes: lol try not to post the same thing twice next time :smoke:

6. yes, i am terribly sorry about this, i was using an ipod touch to type this up and it froze and i ended up making a double post :eek:

7. Get yourself a glass piece...way more user friendly than a joint to a beginer...also it is comon that people wont get the full effects of cannabis when they try it for the first time...You should definitly try it again though.

8. no need to apologize, its cool! good luck on you next toke :smoke:

9. First of all, for a beginner I say use a joint. A bong is definitely not user friendly when you're beginning (What's simpler really, a bong or something you can smoke like cigs?)

It may take up to 5 times to get the full effect. Most of the time it's because you either don't inhale correctly or it takes time before you fully understand the high.

Your friend did what we call "a buzz kill". I think there was more excitment then pot in your "laughter" but it is well known, when something changes drastically the atmosphere it can kill your buzz.

Elend.

10. Sounds like really shitty weed.

11. The first time smoked I did it out of a can. I didnt feel shit. The 2nd time though we went to a party and I got the biggest hit of my life out of this 10 foot bong the size of the guys staircase! I was high as fuck... haha.

12. Hey man lots of people dont feel anything their first time (some times even 2 and 3 time) Just give it time and soon enough you and your buddy will be rolling around high in the clouds! And Congrates on joining GC your gunna learn alot if you stick with this forum and toking:D

13. hey man don't sweat it. It took me 4 times before I got high.

Try this next time.

What you will need

• Empty 2 liter soda bottle (20 oz will work too)
    • aluminum foil
    • screwdriver (or something to poke holes in the bottle)
    • a needle or tack or an earring.
    • Lighter
    • Weed

Step One.

Start by taking your 2 liter bottle and poking 2 holes about 2 inches from the top.
    one on each side. (Hold lighter to the screwdriver to get it hot so that you can poke the hole easier)

Step Two.

Next take about a 6 inch x 6 inch sheet of aluminum foil.

Very gently put this on the top of the soda bottle (where you pour the soda from)

Center the sheet of foil directly over the top of the bottle and gently maneuver the foil to create a bowl, by using your index finger to push it into the top.

Take the excess foil and pack it to the sides to make the bowl airtight.

Step Three.

Poke about 5 holes in the bottom of the bowl with either a needle, a tack, or an earring. (Anything will work. A tooth pick even...)

Step Four.

Put weed in the top. (make sure you break it up/ remove stems and seeds)

Step five.

Put your finger over one of the holes in the bottle (called a carb) and you mouth to the other. (called a mouthpiece)

Step 6.

Have either you or your friend light the weed while you inhale. Fill the bottle up with smoke. MOVE YOUR MOUTH AWAY FROM THE PIPE and exhale then remove your finger from the carb and inhale all the smoke in the bottle.

You won't be able to inhale all the smoke and you WILL start coughing. (I can't even clear one of these)

Make sure your DON'T COUGH INTO THE PIPE, or all your weed will blow out the top. When you feel like you are about to cough, turn your head quickly. (this will become a reflex eventually)

Step 7.

Enjoy your first HIGH!!!!:smoke:

14. Wow thanks for all the help

15. #15 kutabuds, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009

Try putting the "carb" or shotty closer to the bottom of the bottle, it will reduce the amount of time it takes for the smoke to clear, maybe you will be able to do it without coughing then:)

EDIT: I mean as far away from the mouthpiece as possible.