My first stealth PC Case Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by lennytiger, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

Greetings from South Africa. I've been browsing the forum for some time and figured I'd try the idea of a stealth grow. I have been growing outdoor in my garden but no buds or flowering yet. I have a strong sativa and only been in the ground two weeks. I will be moving the outdoor veging plants into the grow case.

Is this ok? To start them vegging outdoor and then move inside. (assuming I can do it without shocking the plant)

I will try and post some pics just now.

Just wanted to say Hi to all and I'm new. So go easy on me. :)

2. The first few pics.

Attached Files:

3. Yo, LennyTiger! Welcome to the city. I just recently finished my first (official) grow.

You've got a nice setup there which will certainly work, but you've got to get those lights much closer to the plants (2-5 inches, use your hand to judge if it will burn the leaves and use common sense). They're stretching bigtime. Once you lower the lights they'll stop getting taller and fatten up.

Have you done the research into LST yet (Low Stress Training)? I don't use PC cases, but I'd imagine you'd have to do it to get any reasonable amount of bud.

Plus, I love training the plant. Reminds me of Pat Moribata (sp) from Karate Kid w/ the bansai trees. It's a very relaxing activity to smoke a bowl to.

4. Hey BongAttack thanks for the reply.

I have raised the height of the plants now using old CD cases they are a few inches away from the light now. I could see the leaves stretching towards the light this morning so I knew I had to change things slightly.

Tonight they are all flat and looking green and happy.

Do you have any advice on watering? They seem to use a lot and I give each pot about three tablespoons a day.

5. Does anyone have advice on leaves yellowing. Maybe it its time to invest in a thermometer or a a multi meter for pH humdity etc?

I have added organic nutes and the soil is just ordinary potting soil?

Any suggestions I fear I'm losing my grow

6. Some pictures will help

7. I will try and upload some later. The plants seem ok. I feel it could be the heat. The CFLs are quite strong I have 2 x 23W 4000K and 1 x 18W 4500k. Combined they produce about 300W of incandescent lighting.

Just smoked a nice bowl of South African outdoor, High Grade. Doesn't really have a name.
    Strong indica.

When I have access to the camera I will show you guys. :)

8. Ok here are a few updates.

I have the plants on 3 CFLs. Got a 6400k, remember this is a small mid tower case.

1 x Warm White 2700k 18W
    1 x Daylight 6400k 20W
    1x Cool Daylight 400k 23W

Can anyone begin to sex these? I'm hoping I may have at least one female!

Attached Files:

9. Just subbed in. I like following pc threads as I'm about to start up a hps perpetual grow pc case. :)

10. I'm a noob! What is a perpetual grow case?

11. You have 3 different small plants in there at different stages. So you run the lights at 12/12 all the time and every 25 days you harvest a plant and put a new one in. You will probably only get 1/2 oz at the most of each plant due to size restrictions but you will get a regular harvest.
    Hoot this explains it for you.

Sent via GC App from my iPhone 4.5 in sunny Spain

12. Oh wow, i could possibly do that with mine. As they are at slightly different stages. The bigger ones are near flowering and the babies are just growing they're first leaves.

13. Or you run 2 cases 1 on a 24 hour on all the time to veg in..and a 2nd case running on 12 and 12 lighting to flower in..lots of ways to run a grow..read all the forums you can..you can never know to much..

14. If I change my lights to 12/12 with the big plants could they start flowering already?

15. They may take upto 2 weeks when you put the lights on 12/12 or they may start flowering within a couple of days. It all depends on the strain.

Sent via GC App from my iPhone 4.5 in sunny Spain

16. Hi lennytiger, the best way to water your plants it's to let a few mililliters coming out the pot bottom holes. Kinda 10% of the volume... This prevents any salts build up. Than wait it drys and water again.

I think those burning tips is lack of water.

Don't put too much organic fertilizer too. They can burn the root too. And it apears on the leafs.

Your plants seems great! Keep the good work!

Cebus.

17. Thanks Cebus.

I checked them today and they are looking good. I keep having to flatten the leaves down as the love growing up and towards the light. One even touched the CFL. Even though they are as close as they can be they are still stretching (leaves stretching not stems).

I just hope I can get a female out of this lot! :)

Ah work now..... I really fancy a :smoking:

18. Sub'd. Can't wait to see either. Looks nice. And a good use for compact discs.

19. Yeh, I had loads of empty old boxes lying around. I'm a musician lol.

SO I figured instead of moving the lights, I could move the plants toward the lights. I must say it does affect airflow which could be a problem.

20. But these are South African Sativas that love the heat and light. Most daytime temps inside are around 26'C. You googlers can convert that to Fahrenheit.

I would really love to try an Indica strain. But its hard to get seeds here!