Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first smoke.... holy shit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MattBlazin, Jun 10, 2011.

1. smoked for the first time today and wasnt sure if i inhaled wrong, or took too big of a hit, but i was coughing SO bad, to the point of gagging and almost throwing up. Is this normal? It was some nice crip and i was smoking out of a bowl. Also had a cookie too.

2. Nah dude not the gaggin' shit but dude just hit that ganja let it in then chill....you'll see clearer when high the euphoric euphoria is nice..

3. prolly the high quality crip makin you choke:smoke:

4. Yes its perfectly normal at first. Eventually your throat/lungs will get used to it, and it won't bother you or make you cough anymore. this point will come sooner than you think.

5. cool deal. I felt like such a dumbass because i was literally hacking my lungs out.

6. It's okay. The first time I smoked I didn't know when I should stop or what felt right or wrong. I took the biggest bong rip of my entire life - and that rip is still the biggest I have ever had to this day. I dry heaved in the grass for ten minutes.

7. I always find it oh so amusing how you South Floridians call bomb weed "crip".:smoke:

8. it may be becuase i just smoked a bowl of resin and scraps painstaking gathered for 30 minutes... but this made me burst into silent laughter, like, I'm stilllll laughing, no shit, no sarcasm, no exaggeration, its just seemed so fucking funny... buxacilly from the "shit, but dude you just gotta...." part on, i read it 6 times to try and understand it, i'm still not sure i do though :smoke: :D :smoke:

9. I'm still laughing, but for a minute i forgot why... god i'm so baked

10. That's a hawaii thing to mane. "Yea bruh you down to burn, shawn got that og crip dog."

11. #11 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Jun 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
    Eh, its smoke, its fucking hot and harsh and dry, it will irritate your airways, but less so as you get used to it and start smoking more. Remember to exercise to help clean out your lungs though.

And dont take up tobacco smoking(cigaretees, blunts, cigars, wraps, etc), it is seriously a major threat to your health and if you mix it with weed it just taints teh sweet taste of the herb and counteracts the benefits you get from cannabis. Not to mention it tastes and smells like shit and will TEAR UP your throat and airways.

enjoy! and stay safe! :D

Tip: ALWAYS have water at hand when smoking, this is super important, not only can it help to 'wash down' a harsh hit, but it will keep you from getting dehydrated and drying out your throat and causing more damage.
    and when you take a hit, try to exhale as much of the hit as possible if not the entire hit before you start coughing, if you think you will have to. Coughing WITH smoke in your lungs hurts much more!

12. Thanks guys :p now i dont feel as dumb. but yeah in FL we call it crip. I also didnt like the taste of it and i think thats another reason i was gagging, but then i bought mints. So im going to smoke again tomorrow maybe and we'll see what happens.

13. first hit, take a small hit and build up.

14. I'm a smoker and new to MMJ, so I thought it would just be like smoking a cigarette. As I'm pretty much always smoking it I can't count the number of times I've hurled. I have a wqeek stomach. But I'm learning how big is too big. That and I got a volcano.

15. First time I smoked was with my brother and his homie, Hot boxed in the car.. First time ever! Haha got hella fucked up.. anyways I didn't really cough that much.. even after I had my first joint with them. Some lungs are weaker then others I guess?

16. It has nothing to do with the strength of your lungs. more along the lines of things like how it grown, dried and cured, how clean the bud is, how smooth the smoke is, the moisture content, the size of the hit you take, type of papers or method of delivery, etc etc

17. Wait did you use a bong or just a reg hand pipe or Joint?

18. I've been smoking everyday for 2 months and still cough like crazy

19. I almost coughed my tenth time from a bon i was like damn