My First Scrog~DWC~Bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bogie420, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Awesome grow dude, I hope to do something similar in the near future.
    Personally I'm a fan of the name Lucy McGillicutty as well, lol.

2. #62 bogie420, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009

Thanks Bro :) She is about to get a lot better. My 400w HPS system got here today. I was hoping to get it installed in my cab but I have been 3 hours away at a college visit with my daughter.The 6 hours of driving, and the realization that my little girl is grown up, and getting ready to leave home, has got me worn out. I might mess with it before lights out, but it probably wont get done till tomorrow. I will post some pics when I get everything converted over :smoke:

Oh yea, that's 2 for Lucy

3. #63 bogie420, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    Got the light installed last night. A little advice for those buying new reflectors, pull the fucking protective
    Plastic covering off of the inside of the reflector before turning it on lol. Melted plastic is hard as hell to
    remove after the fact :)
    Anyway, the light is in and working great. I will be watching temps all day now. I don't think there will be
    any temp problems though. I had it running for 2 hours before lights out last night, and didn't see a gain in temps.
    We are 5 weeks into flowering now, and the plant looks really good. I added nutes after a 2 day flush.
    1300ish ppm and the PH is between 5.5 and 6.0. I hope to keep everything stable now.
    I took a few more pics. Aint she looking good :)

Attached Files:

4. :hello:Hello Lucy I'm Home!
    You have some splainin to do.....

5. That is a lot of Green!

I was curious what kind of swings you are seeing on the pH? You can develop some fairly significant deficiencies if you are under 5.8 much at all...or above 5.9 to 5.95, as you lock out some of the nutrients. You probably already knew that, but just trying to make sure. That bit of information really helped me out, when I first started.

The buds are getting some nice trich action for sure...things are looking up! Bummer about the plastic though...I bet that may have smelled pretty bad..yikes!!

6. Lookin good man, they should really start to pack on the weight under that 400

7. #67 bogie420, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    I had a piece of ducting come loose from the exhaust fan that is hooked up to my hood yesterday. Temps got up to 93 degrees. I fixed that problem and re routed some of the duct work, and have now gotten my temps back down to 80.3 degrees. We have been flowering for 37 days now and except for the heat issue yesterday, everything is going well. The nutes and PH are staying stable. I noticed some of the leaves starting to curl downward though. i hope it is from yesterdays heat, and not some kind of deficiancey. High nitrogen causes the dredful claw, and that sort of looks like whats going on here. But there is NO discoloration. I have also lowered the light a few inches.
    Check her out :)

Attached Files:

8. 39 days into flowering and things are going really good now. The PH is stable at 5.5. My nute levels are actually dropping now :) I hope this means she is taking more nutes than water now. I was topping off with 1 gallon every 2 days. She has used a half gallon in the past 3 days. The leaves are starting to perk back up, and the buds are getting fat and hard as a rock. I have 19 colas above the screen, the tallest at 10 inches from the screen to the top of the bud. Most are between 7 to 8 inches tall right now, and they are all bud from top to screen. They are starting to get really thick and the smell is awesome. Its like a musty, skunky, fruity smell. Really sticky :)
    I cleaned up the underside of the screen. I clipped about 50g of pre dried little nugs. They are drying now. Here are a few new pics. Enjoy :smoking:

Attached Files:

9. Hey bogie looking good, I love scrog's! Here's a little chart I found to be really helpful when I got my hps..

[​IMG]

I'll be keeping an eye on your grow. Good luck with it!

10. Six weeks into flowering and the anticipation is killing me lol. Ive been looking at the trichs, and we have very few cloudy. Most are all still clear, no amber. I will pull her up when I see 50/50, cloudy/amber. The ppm and Ph are holding stable. I am seeing some yellowing in the leaves but I think thats thats just her showing her age. The buds are really getting thick, not a lot of vertical growth.
    I think if i would let her veg a few more weeks we would have done a lot better. I will be doing a scrog again when this one is done. This method of growing is awesome, and a lot of fun.
    I took a few pics. Enjoy :smoking:

Attached Files:

11. looks very nice!
    Is this one plant under a 400watter? are you even using the T5 side lighting?

12. You have a good 2-3 weeks until those bad boys are ready. Looking good though. Do you have any light under the plant, or just the hps on top, I am looking into a way to light my lower branches.

13. Thank you very much :)
    This is one plant under the 400 watts. She has only been under the 400w HPS for 2 weeks though. When I started flowering her, she was under CFLs. Then I got a 150w HPS, used it for about a week and a half. Then I upgraded to the 400. I wish she could have been under the 400 the whole time.
    No, Im not using the T5s, when I turn them on, my temps run between 87 and 88 degrees compared to 79 degrees with just the HPS. The T5 bulbs themselves produce very little heat as you know, but the ballast in my fixture gets pretty warm. I will use them when I veg my next grow though.

14. Yup, that's what I was thinking Tommy. Most of the scrogs that i have looked at are usually kept pretty clean below the screen. Mine is pretty clean as well so I don't us any under lighting. Just the HPS on top.

15. 44 days of flowering and things are looking great. The bud growth seems to be increasing at a higher rate. They get fatter and taller every day, and it is noticeable from day to day. I've cut the ppm back to around 900, and the PH is around 6.0. As I have stated in this thread, this is an unknown strain. It was seed from some locally grown hydro that had seeded, and sold as mid grade weed. I noticed today that all the calyxes are turning purple. Is this normal or could I have gotten my hands on a purple strain? I have no clue but its pretty cool :) This is the second generation of this strain. I have a mother and have flowered from her one other time. She was flowered under CFLs the first go, and I didnt get any purple then. I took some pics, check her out.

Attached Files:

16. Hey bro I havnt read the whole thread and I dont need all the details I just wanted to ask a question. You are doing ebb and flow correct. You just push water up to the roots and let it drain back out into a separate reservoir?

By the way plants are looking really good. This last 3 weeks are the longest wait. It seems as if the trich's never turn amber. lol hang in there.

17. Nice grow man looks really goot do you have any pics of your bucket so i can size compare it also what strain is this and how much do you plan on getting off it.
    looks awesom hope mine comes out like this. also i need to know your wiring pattern for the cfl lamp you made looks like its all il be able to afford. would flowering have been possible with the cfls and if so how much budgrowth do you think you would have missed.

18. No sir, its straight DWC in bubble buckets, and no separate res. My next grow will be with 2 plants and 2 buckets, and i will have a separate res then. Its real hard with the scrog to add nutes and water, and to check levels. It will also be recirculating.

19. This strain is unknown. My CFL fixture was made from a four socket bathroom vanity light fixture. I just had to put the light splitters in, and add a cord. The fixture is mounted in a sheet metal hood that i built myself. As far as bud growth is concerned, i think i did the best i could with the CFLs on my last grow. I flowered one sick, stunted plant. It never got over 20 inches tall. I got 3/4 of an Oz of dried bud with the CFLs. Click on the link titled "My Second Grow" in my sig. and you can see the buckets, and the complete grow with the CFLs.
    I hope this has helped :smoke:

20. Ohhh What to do lol. I am faced with a dilemma. I am almost 7 weeks into flowering, and while checking the trichs today, I have noticed that they are about 70% cloudy, 20% amber, and about 10% are still clear. I want a 50/50 ratio. So, should I start my final flush today, and plan on harvesting in a week. That would put me right at 8 weeks total flowering. Or should I wait an extra week, and go the whole 9 weeks like i had planned. I just dont want the majority to be Amber trichs. I dont want the severe couch lock buzz you get with mainly amber trichs.
    Any Thoughts? :smoking: