My First Plant! - A Diary of a Newbie.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sunfish, May 24, 2010.

1. After having watched my fiance grow beautiful green ladies for almost 2 years now and experienced caring for them myself, I decided to try my hand at it. He has a small indoor op, but I wanted to try my plant outside until it sprouted. I have no idea what strain the seed is, as it was from a hodgepodge bag. Hopefully it's a lucky lady! ;)

Germinated it but must've waited a little too long because the sprout broke out of the seed pod. Planted that puppy under a few inches of soil (my fiance told me it was a little too deep) and gave it a shit ton of water. It sprouted over a week ago and now it's about an inch high. Actually, I spotted a second set of leaves underneath the first four, which I'm very excited about. Unfortunately, the weather's been a little grim lately, with weird rain episodes and spotty sun days but my sprout has been resilient. I am a firm believer in talking sweetly to your plants to encourage plant happiness (my mom has an experienced green thumb and I grew up watching and helping her here and there, though I'm not naturally gifted at growing). I've been showering it with love and hopefully that helps it grow.

Sadly, one of my fiance's plants was a male so we quickly whisked it out and replaced it with my plant so now it's on a 18/6 light cycle. I'm misting it now like I used to do with his plants until they grew really big (it's only been a week and his are over a foot high already). I really hope for the best.

Pictures coming soon!

If you have any tips or suggestions, I'd love to read them, as I want this first experience to be a fruitful one. :smoke:

2. All three were taken today (5/24/10).

Attached Files: