My first outdoor grow pics!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Eighdubya, Sep 20, 2016.

1. image.png image.png So here are my 3 girls, all northern lights. I kept them short for discretion purposes and topped them at 3 feet. Got some pretty sweet close ups, interested in any thoughts/comments.

2. nice job.

They look to be healthy, they are prolly round bound to hell and back, but other than that looks good.

I'd suggest much bigger pots next time around ;-)

3. Super rookie here, what is round bound? Sounds bad, how do I fix it? And I kept them in smaller pots in the thought process that it would help keep the plants small. Truth to this?

4. new to the site having problems finding where i need to be! hoping you can answer my question? i am growing 2 plants outside also but the one started to flower almond shaped flowers with white hairs does this mean they are male? or female? or did they hemph? i did transplant once but no drooping when i did so i dont think i stressed them? i have both plants in same pot (i know one plant per pot) because im working with bag seeds and figured my chances are better with two plants to get a female! the other plant is a little behind the first one but is showing white hairs so im sure its female! just dont want the male (if it is) to pollenate it if its not hemphed! if it is hemphed ill keep it for the seeds! cant post pics!!

5. yes, they are males

6. The white hairs you describe sound like pistils which would indicate that they are females. If you notice little "balls" hanging between/around the nodes then you've got yourself a male (not to be confused with calyxes which are also indicative of a female).

Do a google search on "cannabis pollen sacs" and also "cannabis calyx". They look similar but not so much that you can't tell them apart.

Happy growing and good luck!
    ✌️

7. not much you can do about it now. Just let them finish out since they are deep into flowering. Yes, the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. The bigger the roots, the bigger the fruits so to speak. I personally wouldn't bother growing in anything less than a 5 gallon pot, and you can go much beyond that. I understand if size is a concern. 5 gallon potted plants will not usually get over 6 feet tall.