My First Indoor SCROG MiniFarm!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ap0calypt1c, Mar 13, 2013.

1. #1 Ap0calypt1c, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2013
    Hey all, this is my first time growing, and I've done my fair share of research amongst these forums and on other sites, and right now, I've just ordered 2 of my components! Just to let you know, I will not officially start for a week or two after this post, but I will be happy to hear any criticism of my plan up until then, and I'll post pics of what I've got so far and the progress I'm making!

I am planning to grow this in my room in a corner behind my closet, which is pretty hidden and can be disguised with something in the way easily.

I'm planning to utilize a space of 2' by 2' base with 4' height with this grow tent:
    Mylar Hydroponics Grow Tent 24x24x48. Grow Box 2x2 ft Grow Room | eBay

-I will be using the top right vent connected to an inline fan + a DIY carbon filter. I am not too sure how much CFM i should need for this, could someone help me out with that?
    -As for the 6" Vents on the side walls of the tent, I am hoping to connect a tube air-cooled 400W HPS/MH with reflector that exits out both holes to span across it completely, and I will attach a computer fan at each exit, blowing the hot air out in one direction. This method will have the hot air in no way being in contact with the cab air! :D
    -As for the bottom vents, I plan to use 2 computer fans to be the fresh air intake for the cab
    -I may also hang another computer fan or two somewhere in the area to provide wind training to the plants, but I could use some advice on where I should locate them.
    -I will have a square plywood piece a little smaller than the base area of the tent, in which to support the plants' pots and dowels for screen support.
    -Since my light will be staying put at the side vents, I could move my entire support tray upwards by using styrofoam bricks/empty dvd cases
    -My screen will be a chicken wire-type that will span across the plank support and have a few inches down the walls and attached to 4 dowels, for a height of 8 to 10 inches above soil medium
    -I plan on growing 3 plants in a v-shape along the screen, with maybe a few inches hanging down as walls, if i choose to add in a CFL bulb or two for side growths
    -I will be putting my plants in 10 inch tall pots with 5 gallon capacity, and I heard good things about cutting a hole in the bottom of the pot to allow runoff, which i can put back in the plant later, so I may do that on top of a saucer plate.
    -I am not too sure what distance I should keep between the plants' tops and the light surface, knowing that the light will be staying put and is air cooled, could I also get some advice in that regard?

Thanks all for checking out my planned grow op! :D

So far, my progress report is that I plan on building the DIY carbon filter and screen/plank setup today as well as ordering the Tent!

Pics coming soon once I get my stuff!

Thanks for subscribing if you did as well
    Toke well :bongin:

2. Subbed! sounds good man, im running a very similar setup in the next two weeks. ill be using a cool tube 400w mh/hps system with similar ventilation. Im building a box instead of a tent though. But it will be similar and size and im gunna scrog two Super lemon haze seeds! Hope this things still going on man! btw, an ocilating clip fan may be an easier option and allow you to move it throught the cab where needed a little easier and you wont have to work out the wiring. Good luck man and keep us posted!
    (first post aww yeah)

3. I finished my grow room yesterday...time will tell