My first indoor growing/grow box/FEEDBACK PLEASE =)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greekstoner6374, Dec 22, 2010.

1. #1 greekstoner6374, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    So today I went and purchased 2 sour diesel clones from my local cannabis dispensary in San Francisco, California. I bought two 30 gal. storage tubs, flipped them on top of eachother, lined them with foil and cut a hole in the top for my light to go in, and a hole in the side for the fan to blow in. I have one clone in each pot (which I have 2 with just soil). I bought a 100w flueorescent light bulb for the vegetative process, and a 75w HPS bulb/fixture for the flowering process. Right now I just have the flueorescent light hanging in there about 3 inches above the plants. I plan on just doing that basic setup at 18/6 for the vegetative and then when I modify the box for the HPS fixture doing 12/12. I bought liquid miracle grow and plan on putting it in with my water maybe once a week and then the other days just straight water. I have the fan blowing above the plants right now circulating in the side and coming out the hole in the top. I don't have a thermometer so is the fan enough you think? I guess I just want some feedback/advice and have the few basic questions....

-Is the fan not blowing directly on the plants good, and just above it?
    -Is the temperature a problem for the box?
    -Is my lighting sufficient for the space/amount of plants?
    -How often should I water the plants/how much/how often to mix miracle grow in.
    -When should I put the HPS to start the flowering process, and how tall should I let the plants get for vegetative all the way to the top?
    -Should I plan on trimming the plants, and if so how should I do it?

I guess all I'm lookig for is tips on how to get the best quality/quantity out of them, because this was an investment for me and I would really appreciate feedback. Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. any feedback anybody?:smoke:

3. You should get two 100w flouro's and put each one about 1 inch maybe a lil more from the tops of the plants. You want those bins to be light proof too.

4. and when to make them flower is up to you. They grow 2-3 times larger from beginning of flower to harvest.

5. awesome thanks....the box is lined with foil completely on the inside so it should be pretty light proof besides the one hole in the top as you see and the 6 by 6 inch on the side for the fan...almost too late for that though because I already cut the holes in...will it still be ok for the light with how I have it you think???

6. idk you want it 100% light leak proof. Turn the room light off and see if any light from inside the box gets out, If it does figure out how to cover it.

7. I'll be able to patch up the whole in the top....but as for the fan hole in the side how will I get the fan to blow in there without having some sort of hole that light can't come in without puting the fan in the box? (it's kind of big)

8. Yeah there are tutorials on how too do it, ill look for one for ya.

9. I would appreciate it man thanks...I'm a noob and just want my plants to grow right haha

10. heres one way I found: place the vent hole near the top of the box, use a piece of ducting to create a tunnel and tape some black plastic big enough to cover the hole but only tape the top part so that the air still gets out but when fan turns off the black plastic falls back over the opening. aka light trap.
    Link: How to vent and keep light proof?