My first indoor grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hextacy, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Day 15

Today was a really hot day, so my grow room got a little hotter then i would like, for 3 hours i took them into the sun. im sure they loved it, and the temp was 79º. in the grow area it was 97º.

Frank is looking more and more like a MJ want every day.

First is a pic of all three plants together outside. its funny to thin but the 2 smaller plants sprouted at the same time haha. But it makes for a good progression shot. F up front looks about 3 days into growing. K looks its age at 7 days, and in the lead is G at 15 days now. woo!

After that is 3 pics of G (one close up of new growth), 2 of K and then 2 of F.

Attached Files:

2. Day 16

Karpuzi seems to be soing really well. its really short but producing leaves very nicely. i tried to take a pic, but its about an inch tall so its kinda hard to get a good profile shot haha. Grog seems to be recovering well. and Frank....a dunno, he looked funny to me today, his leaf was twisted all goofy when i checked him, had to move it back to normal myself.

First 2 are G, second 2 are K and the last 1 in F.

Attached Files:

3. Frank is actiing alot like one of my plants, i think i have his twin brother. lol. if we crossed them we would have one ugly ass plant, it would grow like 1 leaves all the way to harvest or something. lol

4. Day 17

so apparently ive been a few days off with the age of K and F they are 11, not 9, now. all the plants are doing well. although some leaves on G and K are starting to wilt. just cant seem to make everyone happy. but as a whole everyone is doing well. ive put a fan directly onto G now and her stem is literally bursting with new growth. a very very thin layer of skin on her is peeling as she becomes thicker. i couldnt get a good pic of it, but shes doing great.

My girlfriend took some artistic pics and she wants me to post one.

first 2 are G, second 2 are F and last 3 are K.

Attached Files:

5. Awesome lookin good bro. Honestly its crazy how fast they grow, every few days you have new explosive growth its freaking great. :smoke:

6. haha thanks man. and thanks for coming back to check my journal out. nice to know someones watching :D

but just wondering...you mean that MY plants have explosive growth or do you just mean that MJ plants in general do that? haha. either way, its good to hear cause this is my first grow

haha. random smiley...
    :metal:

7. I just mean in general lol, but its obviously true for yours lol :smoke:

Yup Ill be around checkin in from time to time lol. Best make sure to keep it updated lol.
    :bongin:

8. haha. i will for sure. unemployed, summer, new digital camera....oh yah. i got lots of thing to do other then sit and stare at my plants...waiting for the sweet sweet buds...and stare.....and stare......and stare.... haha

9. Day 19

Oops. I didnt post pics yesterday, thats ok, i didnt take any pics cause i was too busy. anyways.

Everyone is looking really good. when taking pictures i have a hard time telling G and K apart. G has more leaves but K is getting pretty bushy :] Im planning on trying to LST these guys, what do you think? They arent stretching very much inbetween sets of leaves, and ive read to wait till the third ofr fourth set to bent it, but that isnt very tall. What ya'll think?

First 2 G, second 2 K, last 2 F.

Attached Files:

10. Thats generally the rule of thumb for lsting, 3 or 4 nodes. I think lsting is a great idea and Ill be giving it a shot with my next grow, I think you should give it a try.

They're lookin good keep up the good work bro. :smoke:

11. Hey guys (green man haha) i have a question. I am going camping for 4 days and im not going to be able to leave them inside under lights during that time. this is due to security reasons. I have a place i could put them outside where they should be safe. Will this mess with their light cycles aand have bad side effects?

12. As long as they are getting more then 12+ hours of light they will be fine. Just make sure to give them a big watering before you go and by the time you get back they'll probally be ready for another watering. Depending on where you live leaving your pots outside will make them really really hot, I know mine did. It can actually get to the point where its cooking the roots. If you live in a warmer area I would suggest the double pot method. Just get some other empty pots or something if you can and place your other ones in there and you won't have to worry about your container getting to hot.

Have fun camping bro. :D

13. Sweet. thats what i figured but i wanted to ask somone elses opinion. the double pot idea is really smart haha, but i dont kow if ill need it. its scheduled to be in the mid 70's low 80's while im gone.

I have a sister who knows i grow and lives near by. do you think i should ask her to maybe tend to them and make sure they dont dry out while im gone? or should i not. i trust her, but its always a good idea to have a few people know about the grow as possible.

14. I would say no, lose lips sink ships. If you know for a fact she won't tell or show no one then mind as well. If you water really good before you leave you shouldn't need anyone to come by and water them. Although I would have her come by just to make sure they haven't gotten jacked or anything lol. If you think you can trust her then see if she'll do you a favor, if not I wouldn't risk it.

15. Day 20

Today i decided that G was ready to start LST. so i did and i took some pics. ill be sure to post one. K is looking awesome. F is doing pretty well, but his stem looks pretty tiny.

first 2 are G, second 2 are K, third 2 are F

Attached Files:

16. This has nothing to do with my grow....but this is my grow page and im having a bad day so sue me....

So today was a horrible day for me. I had to put my dog down. he had cancer :(

to cope. i have been smoking. of course. also, i decided to get a piece or something and name it in memory of my dog. i ended up getting this bowl for my 18.8 PHX x2 perk bong. The bowl was originally $50, but when the chick helping me out pulled it out of the case, she bumped the bottom and shattered the bottom off. it was devastating because that was the only bowl i liked. because only the very bottom was chipped off, i asked how much i could get it for cause it was damaged. plus, they were going to have to toss it anyways, they sold it to me for $10. i took it home and carefully ground away at it for about 5 minutes and this is what i got it too. ill proly grind it down some more, but its much better then it was. "scalples of doom". so here is some pics of the bowl. my miss als bought a color changing mushroom pipe, ill post a pic of that too.

Attached Files:

17. That sucks dude Im sorry, I know how you feel I had to put my dog down a while ago cause of hip problems. Next bowls for your dog. :bongin:

Thats a sick new bowl you got lol good job on getting it for $10. Thats a fat ass pipe btw. :smoke:

Ladies are looking good as well, good job on the lst.

18. Day 21

Going Camping for the next 4 days. i hope my plants will be ok. they should be.

was really lazy and sleepy today so i didnt take many pics. so they are bleh.

first 2 are g second 2 are F last 2 are K....i think....too sleepy to correct if they are wrong..

G'night. see you in 4 days.

Attached Files:

19. yo man they are looking b.e.a.utifulll its crazy how fast they grow.. seems like every pic you post they just explode like crazyyyy. you deff got that green thumb bro.. and HAPPY CAMPIN hah

20. Day 25

Im back from camping and the plants have BOOMED. its fantastic. it raind pretty hard 2 times while i was gone i was told so i got a little worries, but it didnt seem to do any real harm. frank, true to his ugly nature, somehow tore a leaf. but not badly. so what ever. haha. karpuzi is huge now. its the size of what Grog was. Grog is now ready to be LST'd again. i would have done that tonight to show a befoe and after, but my miss would like to see it before i bend it, so it will be done tomorrow. Enjoy and feel free to comment.

First 2 are G, second 2 are F, next 2 are K, and the last is all 3 next to each other.

Attached Files: