My First Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Wavy, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,

I just built this box over the past few days, it's 4 feet high 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.19.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.19.55 PM.png
    one bungee cord helps hold top closed, and a velcro strip with 2 receiving velcro pads on either side of the box.

covered in mylar from top to bottom on the inside.

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.20.28 PM.png

i have 5 CFLs, 4 are at 5000 kelvin and one is a 2700 kelvin ((Home depot/ my local hardware store had nothing toping 5k kelvin, any suggestions for online affordable 6k + kelvin cfls?))

Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.20.17 PM.png

I have two plants going in about 7+ gallon pots (didn't have 5 galon around) and i just didnt fill them aaall the way to the top with soil.
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 2.20.10 PM.png

I got these plants a clones. 
    Strawberry Bubble Gum (sativa, left)
    Bubba Kush (Indica, right)

Let me know what you think of it..

HUGE SIDE NOTE, THE BUBBA KUSH-RIGHT- I RECEIVED WITH NO ROOTS ON THE CLONE, THE STRAWBERRY HAD WELL ESTABLISHED ROOTS. 

WILL IT GROW NEW ONES ON IT'S OWN? OR SHOULD I REQUEST A NEW ONE FROM THE DISPENSARY, FIRST INDOOR GROW AND FIRST TIME USING CLONES, DONT WANT TO SPEND MY FIRST GROW TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IT'S FAILED ROOTS.

please let me know about that, come an hour from now, i'm calling the dispensaries "clone guy" who should hopefully have answers for me.

Attached Files:

2. i would ask the dispensary for a new Clone and to check that it has roots... everything looks good so far  if you can just get a cpl house lamps on the sides along with you ones hanging.  ive never grew from clone only from seed. i recommend you give it a try

I couldn't find a good seed seller, and im a little tight for money and i would only order feminized ones.

put CFL on house lamps? or regular lights? i was thinking maybe a mini fan too.

i'll try a couple seeds if i get my hands on them, i got a bit more space for a couple smaller pots, maybe i'll transplant down to 5 gals when i get them too.

4. i just collect seeds from bags i get i get lucky n sumtime find a seed in the good medical stuff n i bag it n label it n i got tons of reggie weed seeds and they usualy turn into monsters and so far ive never had one male...

5. #5 anon42449, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    i got a grow going right now with sum bagseed from a bag of seedy reggie bud n its crystally and budding n its less than 2 months old and yea use cfl's only dont use regualr bulbs they arent tht right kind of light your plant needs. try to get some bigger cfl's like 23w n up. are you able to get them any direct sunshine?

6. Wow, well damn. i'm gonna start searching my medi bud for seeds, untill the harvest at least.

7. oh and on the CFL n house lamps, just making sure. i use all CFL , when you said house lamp i got a lil confused xP

8. lol right. you can lower your lights down to as close as 1-2 inches from the tops for maximum effect from cfl's n yea i woul def invest in a little fan to stick inside there. you ned to try to make that box as contain all the elements it would if it were outside  light,Wind,Water etc. lol im so stoned to give any thurough explinations just ask if u want to know anything?

9. #9 anon42449, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
    looking at the pics again id def lower the lights closer to the leaevs n dont water for at least 4-5 days till the soil on top is dry you look a little over waterd

10. Thanks, i totlly get you. ive done tons of research so im not totally out of the loop, but of/c as it is my first grow, theres going to be many things i wont have expected, i'll be sure to ask :) 

lowered the lights now, and sealed it up a bit more (so the vent makes more air flow, there were a couple places with light leak), untill my next check when i can get fans and more lights

the soil was moist, i sprikled with a bit more, wasn't sure since it was fresh out a new bag

do you think i should get some more 5000k+ kelvins? or should i add the other 3 2700ks i have? 

i was going 2 do 4 5000 and 1 2700 for veg and 4 2700 and 1 5000 for flower.

((deffinitely will add more lights, just i guess how many kelvins do you think?  :yummy: ))

12. if the soil hasnt been watered yet then give it a good watering. and as far as the lights go. ive never realy noticed a difference in the two but i spose mix em up to be safe. gettin any direst sun at all?

13. no they don't get aaany direct sun, they dont even get indirect light, i keep them in a closed box with the blanket over the front for any light leakage,

I don't really know, but everyone on these forums seems to use lower kelvins for budding and higher for veg, but to avoid buying new bulbs,, i'll just get a couple more fixtures and attach them to the sides

14. To whoever checks this out,
    just added 2 more CFLs to the back ((i'm a bit tight for cash, hoping to add maybe another 2-4 more)) 
    And a nice mini fan to add some air flow :)

image.jpeg photo.JPG

15. Hey everyone, i was wondering. Is it too early to start trying to train/top these guys... here's some close ups, i boosted contrast and sharpness so hopefully you can identify which shoots which.

Strawberry Bubble Gum sativa 7 inches
    Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 8.27.59 AM.png

Bubba Kush indica 6 inches
    Screen Shot 2013-08-22 at 8.29.56 AM.png

let me know if you need more identifiable pictures, i can TRY! x)

16. or maybe someone could shine some light on me, with another way i could make this babes get some more growth..

The bubba kush, (which i got without roots) seems to be doing okay, it appears to have received about half an inch in growth... but the leaves are looking a little... upset.. The sativa is flourishing much better.

Thinking about calling the dispensary and saying the other has gotten much more growth, it's not dead, but i'd appreciate one with roots.

and i'll maybe transplant the current into a 1Gal pot on the side of these ... as a little RUNT if you will.

WOULD IT BE CRAZY TO TRANSPLANT THESE TO 5 GAL POTS ? MINE NOW ARE BIGGER, I THINK TOO BIG.

17. Most dispensaries don't buy un-rooted clones. They want them ready to go, rooted and ready for full on veg growth. Out of all the dispensaries I`ve been in I haven't seen any of them selling un-rooted clones. Granted they buy them in bulk and the clone grower may have missed a few that weren't rooted yet or simply didn't want to break up a whole tray and decided to be dishonest about it but its still the dispensaries responsibility to know if they are selling you a rooted clone or let you know that its not rooted yet and discount the price. I have seen some clone adds on budtrader where the grower was selling both rooted and un-rooted clones and un rooted clones tend to cost a lot less then a rooted clone. The problem is you didn't go back right away so they may do nothing about it. But I would still call them back up or go in and ask them what they can do to correct the problem.

I called them the day it happened, the guy had said if it doesn't show signs of growth in up to 4-5 days they'd replace.

I transplanted both into smaller pots because i wanted to add a couple plants soon, 
    no sign of root growth still. going to call back, say it's lacking. 

The guys i spoke with, personally transplants them and was mind boggled when he heard this. i'm also reeeally confused, i think it was a genuine mistake. 

gonna call, let them know there's been no root growth after 3 days, and it IS starting to show signs of stress on upper leaves... im guessing as it doesn't have much to keep it alive... ? 

19. #19 Wavy, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    UPDATE:
    Day 3

transplanted down to 2 gal, deffinite signs of growth in strawberry bubble gum. ¿¿possible?? signs of growth in indica, possible wishful thinking  :hide:

here's a pic, i added 2 pot to the room. i'll be adding 2 more plants soon. going to see if i can get my hand on some seeds for these.
    image.jpeg

20. Added two new CFLs, 9 total now, 2 6500 kelvin 3 2700 kelvin and 5 5000kelvin
    photo (1).JPG

i hung them in between the two plants, in a way i'm trying to LST without bending the plant. by lighting the side buds and the top buds. 
    image (1).jpeg

let me know how you think it's going

the sativa is flourishing, at least a half inch of growth a day. it's amazing, the indica, is slightly lacking, i'm going to order two more clones, and the guy at the dispensary, BOB, said he'd replace my indica for free :) ((hopefully it'll catch some roots and eventually grow, may put it in a 1 gallon pot, just to see how it goes))