HARVEST DAY!!! First indoor grow, pics on last page. (Bagseeds)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bobanis, Feb 13, 2019.

1. #1 bobanis, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Medium: Promix HP with 15% sheep manure added
    Nutes used: Advanced nutrients (Micro, grow, bloom ph perfect)
    Ventilation: No intake or outtake fan at the moment but an oscillating fan is running 24/7 inside
    Container: Started with a red solo cup and transferred them to 3 gallon pots during early veg.
    PPM during feed: I feed anywhere from 300-500 PPM of nutes and do it pretty much every watering, i did a little flush with 200 ppms of nutes twice now but so far only one plant had the start of nute burn (White tips) but never got to the point where it got yellow or burned, the indica hasn't had any signs of nute burn yet.
    Light Schedule: 16/8 for veg, 12/12 during flower. (100-120 watts pulled from the wall)

Most Recent Pic:

SHES TURNING PURPLE :weed:

Mar 1st
    both plants march 1.jpg

Mar 1 3.jpg
    Mar1 2.jpg
    Mar1.png

Feb 21
    feb21 1.png

feb 21 2.jpg

Feb 16

feb16.png

feb 16 2.jpg

Feb 14

feb14.png
    caked.png

Dec 14.

dec 14.jpg

Dec 19, when i bought my new LED pulling 100 watts from the wall.

dec19newlight.jpg

Jan 5.

jan5.jpg

First time experimenting with LST Jan 15.

Jan15.jpg

Jan 26.

jan26.jpg

As you can see i started flowering around jan 15 to keep my plants small enough for the light to be 24 inches away and not any closer.

Feb 12.

feb12.jpg

Let me know your opinions, any constructive criticism is much appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looking good for only 100w! Keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks! I was surprised at how much par my light has apparently since other cheap LEDs that pull out more watts from the wall seem to have less?

par.png
    I hang it right around 24 inches from the top of my plants. I heard it should only be good for 1 plant but seems to be doing well enough for 2 the size of mine.

4. You can lower em' on down some. I don't even run my HPS that high. More light equals more bud.
    Hey you can run that blurple in there too and help even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. They showed signs of too much light when i lowered it less than 20 inches, its recommended to keep it a little higher than some cheap LEDs because of the cob.
    pic6.jpg
    Also i do use my second light which pulls out 20 watts from the wall as a little boost, pic from a few weeks ago

second light.jpg

6. #6 King Loki, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Your Plants look great :)

If you know your PAR ratings this will help you out a lot
    screenshot-fluence.science-2019.02.13-00-25-04.png

Going above about 1128 Micromoles/m2/s-1 you will need to supplement C02 usually or you will actually slow growth potential ... so keep em at about 600-900 PAR in veg if you can ... a little bit more or less won't make to much difference but don't sit them above 1100 PAR or lower than about 450 PAR and you'll be good.

screenshot-growace.com-2019.02.12-22-34-03.png

From what I have seen most manufacturers fudge their PAR numbers slightly higher then what they actually are so 24 inches is probably just about right ... back em off if u see any light stress though as it means ur manufacturer wasn't bs'ing about 31 inches being 870 PAR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks man! Really great info for those starting out, even though this is my first indoor grow I'm not only addicted to the physical part of growing but also the learning, i don't think I've spent a day without doing a bit of research on how to grow, i'm at the point where i read a lot of the same articles over and over again lol.

I never trust what amazon says, i just adjust my light until my plant is the most happy looking without stretch and that seems to be 24 inches which is exactly what they recommended, i would love to get a par meter one day to find out for sure because the PAR for a 600 watt pulling 100 from the wall seems too good to be true on the chart. The reviews on my light are just outstanding, most people say its the best for the price, i looked at dozens before deciding on this one and my plant is growing exactly how i was hoping it would, short and bushy.

I could have vegged longer and lollipopped a bit more when the plant got tall enough so that was one mistake i learned for the next grow. Also call me crazy but i have no carbon filter or intake/outtake at all in this grow, i do leave the door cracked when the lights are on and have an oscillating fan running 24/7 along with leaving the window open in the room outside the closet so fresh cold air is always available.

Does the room outside the closet stink? With the window open with tons of fresh air getting in, yes it smells insanely strong like i was warned and there is nothing i can do about it without a carbon filter LOL.

Does my whole house smell? Since this room is at the top level of the house and no smell gets pulled around the house through the vents like it would if i did this grow in the basement it works out so that as long as the door is closed for the room that has the closet grow and the window is always open there you can't notice the smell until you open the room and man does it smell powerful, almost stings the nostrils, i thought it was bad on week 1-2 of flower, its much worse now (or better if you want to put it that way, i enjoy the smell myself). Luckily its winter and no other neighbors have their windows open and i only have 2 short plants, can't imagine how strong a bunch of big flowers smell like.

I will need to get a carbon filter and outtake in the warmer months not only to be nice to my neighbors but to keep the humidity and temps in check when it becomes a problem because i'm sure it will, if everything is perfect now it will only get worse when the temps get from -10 average to +30 with high humidity outside. Without a humidifier or dehumidifier my temps hover around 25-26.5C / 35-45 humidity with the lights on. Humidity stays in that range even in the dark and the temps goes down to about 22-23 C right before the lights turn on again.

I'll edit the main topic and put some info on what medium/nutes i have etc..

8. Here is a chart for Optimal, moderate and suboptimal temp to humidity ranges
    so at 25-26 degree celcius (which are good temps by the way) you can have anywhere from 65-85% humidity for optimal growth ... and 55-85% for moderate and anything outside these is considered suboptimal (your plants will still grow just not as well as in optimal ranges) this is only for veging though ... when you are flowering around 40-50% humidity is good as you don't want any chance of mold on your buds

screenshot-fluence.science-2019.02.13-00-30-14.png

9. I used a humidifier for most of veg until before i flowered and kept my humidity at 50-55%, right now its staying right around 40, i don't mind 35 i'd rather have less risk of mildew and rot. I would never want more than 55% humidity in veg, it worked out so far so i'll keep doing what works, i had mold on my outdoor because you cant control the weather and it sucks, having a clean indoor plant without any bugs or problems is so much nicer than outdoor lol.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Talk about a bag seed with a cheap LED for my first indoor grow eh

caked.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Now if we take a look at this chart at the 40% RH from this chart, your telling me 59 - 62 degrees is an "optimal" temperature for my plants?

12. yeah kinda ... I forgot to add the other chart with it ... while what you have said, in theory, is correct, there are still ideal temps for cannabis which you should try to achieve
    screenshot-fluence.science-2019.02.13-00-20-34.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. This might also be helpful to you ... all the parameters in 1 chart for seeds, veg, and flower (reproductive)

screenshot-fluence.science-2019.02.13-00-18-00.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm the opposite of yourself as I live in Australia ... we deal with to much heat and humidity whereas it seems you are dealing with the opposite end of the stick, haha :) but technically yeah, anything in the optimal range will be better than outside of it.

15. Your plants look beautiful!! Keep it up

• Like Like x 1
  16. PAR is just a term that describes the type of light that plants absorb, you measure
    the amount in ppfd.
    Seems doubtful that light stress would be a problem with your setup. Lighting is an incredibly deep subject I myself am just scratching the surface. The information the led manufacturers are providing only confuses the issue further as they twist these terms to suit their marketing campaigns. Also alot of it is just straight false advertising
    .Why is PAR Rating a Big Deal for Indoor Grow Light Systems? - GrowAce

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gave them a watering of 100 ppm phed to 6.3 today, their first semi flush! Just 20% runoff but i want the nitrogen to go down especially on the short bushy one that started flowering a week early, i've been giving nutes every water its whole life and there is the lightest sign of nute burn on the bigger plant that seems to not be packing on the buds and triches as much as the short and bushy girl.

I honestly can't believe my first indoor grow turned out much better than i ever expected, i told my close buddies i'm after quality not quantity and that's exactly what i got, along with quantity too lol! I don't recommend touching your buds but i had to take a smell today and it smells strongly of candy, blueberries, and sweet gas in such a pungent way it made my day!

feb 16 2.jpg

feb16.png

I'm pulling about 100-120 watts from the wall, will i beat my harvest goal of 50 grams? I don't want to say this early but i'm thinking i might have passed it already lol!

18. What week r u n? I think you will hit 50 plus G

19. Ok. So ur in week 5.. is it a 7-9 w strain?

20. The first hairs on the short bushy one showed Jan 15, the other plant took almost a week later. You can see from the pics how far into flowering they were on Jan 15 on my first post