My First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by lindberg711, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Hey Lindberg, I stopped into my fav dispensary and spoke to the grower. He said I can top down as far as I want but need to remember the more I cut the slower the recovery. I bought some rooting material and I'm going to do a big topping on my two Sativa's and try my hand at cloning them at the same time. More to come my friend. I sent you a private message with my email address if you're interested in emailing also. If not no problemo.

2. I bailed on the topping, lost my nerve when I got next to them with the clippers....OMG!

3. [quote name='"lindberg711"']Yeah...I am thinking about trimming off some of the foliage on the bottom. Is it bad to do this? Will it affect yield?[/quote]

No this is good as it concentrates more energy to your top colas that are getting the light they need. Also helps with circulation.

4. [quote name='"harleygrower61"']I bailed on the topping, lost my nerve when I got next to them with the clippers....OMG![/quote]

Don't be afraid to top it at all. Maybe go over to YouTube and watch what a plant can do when topped I think this will open your mind a little more. Also I use vit b1 and superthrive to help my plants recovery time.

5. Well...I clipped the bottom leaves off my girl today. It was scary...How does she look? Unfortunately, I accidentally clipped some of the small foliage that grows right on the stem. Very concerned.

Attached Files:

6. Wow!!! So glad I cut the leaves! She looks so full of life now!

Attached Files:

7. [quote name='"lindberg711"']Wow!!! So glad I cut the leaves! She looks so full of life now![/quote]

Make sure you can tell the difference between a fan leaf, a lateral branch, and a node. You should still think about topping this plant if height is a concern. If you wait to long you will be topping during flowering and that will stunt your plants if your a couple weeks in.

8. Great job Lindberg. She is looking marvy my friend. I didn't do the super topping on the Sativa's. The little topping I did last week allowed the side branches to catch up a bit. I'm going to transplant them tomorrow and put up some stakes and string to help hold them up. Today is day 35 for our ladies. Pics will be posted tonight.

9. Damn...tips are turning yellow. Why?

Attached Files:

10. [quote name='"lindberg711"']Damn...tips are turning yellow. Why?[/quote]

Does the foil or metal go all the way down the inside of you pot? If so that's not good. I would wonder about salt build up, does your pot have good drainage?

11. [quote name='"purplesage"']

Does the foil or metal go all the way down the inside of you pot? If so that's not good, in fact I can't see any good reason to have any metal touching your soil. I would wonder about salt build up, does your pot have good drainage?

12. It does not go down past the soil at all. Drainage might be a bit poor, however.

13. [quote name='"lindberg711"']It does not go down past the soil at all. Drainage might be a bit poor, however.[/quote]

Drainage is very important so that salts don't build up in your soil. If you pour 1 gal water in a 1 gal bucket you should see the bucket stop draining in 30-60 seconds ant longer and you need more holes.

14. Update:

Attached Files:

15. She's looking better my friend.

16. Getting bigger and taller. Concerned about the look of the tips and bright green color.

Attached Files:

17. [quote name='"lindberg711"']Getting bigger and taller. Concerned about the look of the tips and bright green color.[/quote]

The light green color on the top is new growth. The tips do look a lil yellow I would back off of the nitrogen a bit. How much longer do you want to veg this plant? She will triple in size when you put her into 12/12. Also I say top her or go find a link on supercroping I think that will help you get the most out of your small light. Peace

18. yo man nice lookin plant...:wave:i think the color looks alright, but tips r startin to yellow & curl..a sign of nute burn..:eek:.i would just back off nutes..just give plain water next two feedings. also agree w/post b4 mines maybe you should start to lst or supercropping and flip switch to 12/12.:D

but overall the plant looks healthy as shit...ive seen waaaaayyyy worst.
    r u using female seeds? good luck bro....sub'd & lurkin!!!:smoke:

19. Thanks guys. I think I will probably switch to 12/12 soon. The interesting thing is, I haven't even been using nutes. I have an organic mix.

20. hey Lindberg, dude you're rocking. I'm going into flower next Thursday with our ladies. That will be day 56. I'm trimming tonight to give them a week to recover before flower. My upper leaves were turning a light green like yours are. I actually had a nitrogen deficiency so I sprayed a little Cal Mag on the stems and gave them a 1/2 dose of my veg nute. They are oh so perky and beautiful now.