My First Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by skiballer, May 28, 2010.

1. Day 47: Almost 7 weeks into this grow. I have learned alot but Im only on the tip of the iceburg. The plants for the most part are doing well, but some changes need to happen. Plant 3 is growing fine but its bottom set of leaves are fading yellow and this is the second set to do that confirming the nitrogen difficiency. I have some ferts I will dilute then add to the plants, I dont know how long I will have to wait to see some results but lets hope its fast. Its been cloudy, got some rain last night. Hopefully the sun will start peaking thru here soon cus its been moderatly cloudy the past 4 days..very weird for summer..

Question: After adding ferts, how long will it be to see some results?

2. Since the flush, the yellowing stopped in its tracks about midway thru the bottom leaf, and the new growth and leaf structure is amazing.

3. So you gave it the ferts for how long till you flushed it?

4. well her rootball is in MG Organic choice which is already loaded with nutes, and the perlite is MG so there is nutes with that as well.

My yellowin leaves were due to a Ph balance that locked out my nutes, at 5.5 in soil you arent getting shit, due to it not uptaking nitrogen, one the PH was fixed the yellowing stopped in its tracks.

MG's, nutes are just EXTREMELY STRONG. thats why you want very low dosages. some ppl swear by MG products though. its all in the users opinion. and mine is MG = bad news with MJ.

But i heard the Sphagam moss is alright, its just very MG product is enriched in the MG Plant food, and that shit is just too rich and strong for MJ.

But you said you had some bloom, i would use that def, i would mix in maybe 1/3 or half dosage of the Plant food and then 1/3 or 1/4 of the dosage of the bloom.

5. Ok German, I added some MG Plant Food..but I took your advice with diluting it..The scooper used to get the food has 2 sides that Im sure you are familar with so I used the small side, put it in a 2 liter bottle and filled it with water..It turned out to be a light light blue color and I took a picture...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Does that look diluted enough?

I watered a decent bit into the soil and then I used a sprayer to spray the leaves..anywho, what are your thoughts?

6. get a ph testing kit

7. you are going to want a milk jug 1gal easy water mixer than the 2 liter and 1gal is most common for the mixings.

i would do the little scoop of the Plant food and half the lil of the bloom. and fill that 2litre all the way that will keep it more diluted.

and like BurnedHaze said, get a Ph test kit. Or a water ph tester they are like 30bucks from a hydro store. or a walmart ph test strips.

You want the Ph of your runoff to be about 6.5 - 7
    from there up your pot the Ph slowly diminishes. which is why 6.5-7 i where you want it. Thats what cause the yellowing of my leaves, my Ph was so low it wasnt able for the the roots to uptake the right nutrients, because the nutes will be unavailable if the Ph is wrong.
    This also stands true for your nute you give her. if the Ph isnt right, then you get Nute Lockout, thats why my baby was turning yellow. her Ph was at like almost 5!!!! :eek:

but now the runoff is about 7 and my Soil tester says its between 6-7 so im all good :)

8. EXCELLENT..though money is tight I will look into a ph tester..gracias

9. #89 tplat, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010

I just got my digital PH tester today and learned how to use it and learned that our tap water`s PH is 7.1 and water filtered through a Brita water pitcher is 7.15. Tommorow gonna get some PH down, and nutes with tap water and Super Yhrive is 6.58.

10. Tplat, you arent grasping the concept of what the Ph you are testing. its not the water you add into the plant you wanna test. its what your runoff is and then you adjust accordingly

11. Yeah I know, I just wanted to know what the tap water and nute water mix PH was out of curiousity, as for testing the run off that I will be doing tommorow after I water them they werent quite ready to be watered tonight. What I am doing is some research into how to ammend the soil if I can on this grow or just use some PH adjusting liquid till this batch finishes out. Wednesday I`m going to be getting probably a 600 watt digital ballast, hps/mh bulbs and hood as for the plants I was only gonna veg them till about 3 feet then start flowering, their a little over 2 feet now but should grow somewhat quicker with a better light set up.

12. DAY 48: Just took a look at them today for about 10 minutes, they seem alright. It monsooned last night so no need to water them for a couple of days. Sun has been out strong and it seems like it will be the next ten days. Tomorrow I'll might try to add nutes since Im not working and have all the time in the world to care for the 3 amigas.

While I was out there this morning I saw something moving in the corner of my eye and saw a fox about 20 feet from me, saw its teeth and everything. Ive never seen one in the wild so close. It didnt really care about me and just walked on into the woods slowly. I thought it was going to be a deer since Ive crept up on so many over there, usually though the deer spring off or they make that grunting noise that scares the shit out of me then they run off...pretty cool though, I guess I have found my deer repellant

13. Day 49: SEVEN WEEKS!!! I feel like a high schooler keeping track of how long our relationship has lasted...Plants seem alright, and now its safe to say the yellow leaves are due to a Nitrogen difficiency. I added a diluted amount to each. Got some sun today along with the watering. Forcast is alright with chances of thunderstorms everyday with sun mixed in. Days are getting shorter my friends!! I estimate another 6 weeks of vegging then their sex's will be revealed.

Questions: How soon does it take for a plant to react to Nutes?
    How do you raise or lower your PH?
    How frequently should you add Nutes?

14. some people do feedings every watering, but i think a good sched for nutes is a feeding every 2-3 waterings.

15. #95 skiballer, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    Day 51: Plants are still going on. Considerable growth has occured since the last time a measured them. Plant 1 was a bit droopy, Im not sure why, I will find out if its underwatering or over today, I thought they got plenty of water but I could be wrong..Anywho, the plants are going to get watered today due to the thunderstorms in the area. Here are the measurements:

Plant 1: 30 inches tall; 15 inches wide

Plant 2: 21 inches tall; 9 inches wide

Plant 3: 31 inches tall; 15 inches wide

Plant 1
    [​IMG]
    By skiballer at 2010-07-17

[​IMG]

Plant 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plant 3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Sorry about these pictures..Imageshack, for some reason, wont allow me to post all the pictures and post them normal size..ive tried every option..anywho, this storm were getting hit with is VERY bad, fucking pouring rain, windy as hell..who knows if the plants make it through this one, im worried about something falling down from a tree and harpooning a plant

17. That sucks, hopefully they`l handle it well, as for pics I sometimes use a free program called PIXresizer, its a free program and is simple to learn how to use.

Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

18. Word, thanks man, I'll give look at that site...and the plants handled the storms in flying colors, now i know they can handle almost anything...

19. Day 52: Well, I believe I have my first girl. Plant 3 had what looked like a little white hair. Pretty cool. Hopefully the other 2 will follow her lead. Its been a sunny day but thunderstorms are popping up all over NC, and Im sure my plants wont dodge this many storms..but its all good..

20. Heres 4 pics I found doing a Google search that I saved for reference. First two are females and second two are males.

Attached Files: