my first grow with multiple strains

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by bigizzyboyie, Mar 27, 2010.

1. so i have a large ooded area nobody ever goes too so thats where i will be growing. i have
    1 white widow X big bud fem
    1 red dwarf fem
    1 white dwarf fem
    1 sour diesel X og kush fem
    12 reg purple widow
    1 northern lights fem
    1 great white shark fem and free
    1 train wreck fem and free

so i want to know should i use pots or grow in ground. how often to water. an what type of pre made soil mixes.

2. First of all, good luck with the grow! I would go with pots, but I've known some people that had great success in the ground; I usually use 5 gallons so the plants aren't root bound when they grow up. If you go with the ground I would remove as much dirt as possible and replace with a neutral potting soil. I usually don't use pre-made potting soil, I try to go with something as inert as possible so it's easier to guage how much/how often you should add nutrients. Fox Farms makes some soil that's pretty good, I would check out their offering and see what you like. I typically water when the top of the soil feels very dry when you touch it. You don't want to over water. I would suggest adding ~15ml/gal of Hydrogen Peroxide to your water. This will help aerate the soil and bring oxygen to your roots. This also is helpful when it comes to avoiding over watering. The main thing to do with a multiple strain grow is pay close attention to the plants. Some strains need a ton of nutrients while others are light feeders. Look out for burnt leaf tips and chlorosis and adjust accordingly.

I hope it turns out well! Post some pics when you have a chance!

3. thanx man i appreciate this...and good comment on the multiple strains i wasnt even thinking about paying different amount of attention for them...