my first grow! using led"s from home depot!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by demman151, Apr 23, 2013.

1. hey guys! this is my first grow i have three plants each is a different strain though i do not know which they are! i am using 3 led lights one fluorescent tube and a fan for air circulation! i will post pictures every day! if you guys have any ideas on what i should be doing or if you have questions please speak your mind!

Attached Files:

2. Cover those clear cups with foil or something. Roots and light dont get along.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum

3. There you go! Now people will have interest in your home depot led attempt. I'm here along the way! Lol.

4. ok advice taken! i am going to get bigger pots and better soil today i will post pics later!

5. How much were the homedepot led lights and what wattage?

6. im curious to see ho those turn out when using the LED's from home depot, i have seen them there before and thought about using them but did not think that they had enough power, will be following this thread forsure, keep it updated :)

7. i will have pictures loaded in a little bit!

8. I know this threads gonna blow before no time.

9. so just got some great news! i found out that the strain that i am growing is actually white widow! that makes my effort put into growing sky rocket! new pics will be up soon!

10. Sweet! I'm growing a blue rhino now, and a psychofruit.

11. blue rhino is some amazing bud! though i have not tried psycofruit! it sounds dank though!

12. Got an update on those LEDs?

13. What he said!

14. #14 ganjahrastafari, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
    Im using a 100 wtt led from home depot too, was only 30 bucks no heat come out pure.good light! My plant loving it

15. Could you give me the exact model LED youre using, very interesting.

16. We have two the the same LED bulbs we are testing out. They actually work awesome. Although the area the cover is not very big. 

17. Do you have tthe model number and amount of lumens? I might use this for my cloning cabinet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Ive thought about trying an experiment run with some of these. What wattage and color did you buy? 

19. I'm currently trying this lighting source and it is moving along quite well i would say. i have a generic 4 foot led t8 running with 8 spaced out led growing lights bought from home depot in work clamp lights, almost 2 months in and all but two plants that germinated late are 20" tall and filling out, this is my first grow but as a whole i am using just this side of 1 KWH per day, i will let you guys know how it is doing as it unfolds...