my first grow. [updated frequently]

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rkm19, Aug 9, 2011.

1. #41 rkm19, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    ok just a little update i went to home depot today to look at that 68 watt bulb, and i was astonished that thing is fucking huge!! so i just got a 42 watt one and a y splitter, hooked up another 23 watt to that. so my total wattage will be 156 watts.

2. i was looking at the plant and the new leaves were being forced straight up because of the seedling leaves. So i pulled them off :O hopefully the plant will be fine! I went to home depot AGAIN today and got some KILZ flat white paint and some caulk. Tommorow i will be repainting the entire grow box including light fixtures and fans so its all white! I will be caulking it too just for extra sealance to make it that much more stealth.

3. haha guys its my grow too and its day 4 for me it just came out of the like yesterday and im growing hilimayian kush. i got 3 clfs on mines and its 26watts each. so i got 78 watts on it total.

4. update - i buried up to where the first leaves are. Re painted the grow box, and added another light fixture. Right now im just running 4 23 watt cfl's. In the picture i added the 42 watt and the 26 watt just to show you what it looks like. Once she gets a little bigger ill add them in. Her growth doesn't seem good for the amount of time but that's because i had to take her out, etc. to build the box. Temps are around 95 right next to the lights! yikes :(
    towards the bottom where the intake is the temperatures are about 82. I used like a meat thermometer haha if that makes a difference. will be buying a digital one next week most likely. If the temps really are that high i will probably re-do my light trap for my intake because i think it's really limiting airflow atm.

the first picture is my ghetto set up to get the plants by the lights (upside down :p), second is her, and third is the lights.

Attached Files:

5. im leaving for vacation next week for 4 days, can someone inform me on what to do?

6. just water it really good then leave it. not like a real lt of water but enough and maybe have it on a timer unless you got it on a 24/7. the other option is if you have a family member who is staying back and knows about your plant to have them do what you do. so give them instructions on how to care for it but they got to be trust worthy and wont let it slide and do what is asked. its the only thought i got for you. and like he said pray.

7. hahaaha, not one person knows about this grow, except for here. And im going to keep it that way. But ill just water her pretty good and hope for the best.

8. I think you will be fine. just saturate with water and she should be ready for more when you get back

9. hey would any of you know if multi bloom would work for the flowering stage its made out of fish i believe and i paid $12.99 for it. and i got monty's food formula because all my places to get supplies dont have bud grow or any other. so tell if you think it would work. i could post pictures of them later.

10. Day 12;

shes looking good for the most part, little burn or something on one of the leaves, but im not too worried. im leaving tommorow until sunday and there is supposed to be a hurricane hitting pretty much right where i live. -__- So obviously as expected the power is going to go out and fuck up the light cycle so i dont really know what to do about that....

anyways here is some pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. #52 rkm19, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    i was bored so i thought this would look cool, gives you a better perspective of her. :D

[​IMG]

12. Im back from vacation and my plant is looking really good, very healthy! Pictures will come soon.

13. #54 rkm19, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2011
    Day 18;

Just transplanted her into her new pot, she'll stay in here for the rest of her life. Also picked up a thermometer/ hydrometer. I am in a bad situation right now. The grow room is placed in the closet and it can get pretty hot in there. So my temperatures are pretty high now. I open the closet door to let the air circulate and that brings temperatures down.

Anyways i tried two different things, i let the pot on the ground and the temps were about 85 degrees. When placed a couple inches away from the light the thermometer reads 100. I wanted to know which would be more beneficial to the plant, keep it close to the light and create a C02 dispenser? Or keep it on the ground where the temperatures are ideal where the lights are about a foot above. ( 161 watts )? I have a feeling that isn't the true temperature and the thermometer is just reading the heat given off by the light....

Here are some pictures;

p.s. the brown dots on the leaves is from the soil.

Attached Files:

14. Day 23:

I have been starting to LST her around the pot.
    She has been growing pretty damn fast lately. Not much else to say, so just look at the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Are your temps still on the high side? I was gonna say, for something this small, get a cheap little desk fan and have it blow directly on the bulbs... Is that a fan I see in there?

16. You really should have done more research before you decided to start buying all of these horrible bulbs first of all 2700k? you should be using 6500k bulbs and mayb miss match some 2700ks in there and a carbon filter? no need for that right now man your lights are more important then getting a carbon filter your not even sure if its a female?
    Those bulbs are good for flowering not starting your veg so order these online get 3 and you will be fine,

ask any more questions and ill help you out man...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Feit-Electric-ESL40TN-Fluorescent-High-Wattage/dp/B001AZOV9K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1315068246&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Feit Electric ESL40TN/D 42-Watt Compact Fluorescent High-Wattage Bulb, Daylight: Home Improvement[/ame]

17. seeslickrun, yeah my temperatures are pretty high still, not really going to be coming down. A lot of the times i just open the door and put a fan in there and that gets temps down in the 80's.

da420king, Im on a budget and this is all i can buy. I would rather have bulbs meant for flowering in veg than not have any bulbs for flowering. I have a carbon filter made, but im not running it atm. And my plant is looking pretty damn good to me for not having " vegetative bulbs" if it grows, and it is not dying, then it is obviously working just fine.

18. day 29, day 1 of flower

ok, so i flipped the timer to start flowering last night!
    plant is looking pretty healthy for the most part ( suprisingly )
    i have no clue how peoples plants are wilting up and dying at 90 degree temps because right now i am reaching 113 degrees! thats with my carbon filter on.
    but hey im not going to bust my ass trying to get it cooler if it is working!

here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

19. [quote name='"rkm19"']day 29, day 1 of flower

ok, so i flipped the timer to start flowering last night!
    plant is looking pretty healthy for the most part ( suprisingly )
    i have no clue how peoples plants are wilting up and dying at 90 degree temps because right now i am reaching 113 degrees! thats with my carbon filter on.
    but hey im not going to bust my ass trying to get it cooler if it is working!

here is a picture:
    [/quote]

Haha! Good thinking, I know someone that has his temps get all the way to 120. He harvests dank green! I've not let mine get that high, but he said it doesn't matter. Makes sense if u think about it... of get flipping hot in the summer outdoors, and nobody is running an AC unit out there to cool them.