My first grow set up Full journal grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Plant 1 will be 4 weeks old tomorrow since it germinated. Many here say they switch to 12/12 for flowering at 5 weeks I don't see that happening with these plants they still seem small to me not even big enough yet to put the screen over them but they are laying pretty flat so far... If anyone has any input would be happy to hear it don't be shy... lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Man I love the set up! I was also wondering how people flower after 2-3 week lol 4 weeks in and mine just got some lst

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I think some people just want to get a harvest asap and don't really care as much about getting a larger yield.
    i can tell you what I have noticed is lights can make a huge difference on how fast plants can grow in veg. I just have 2 - 300 W $80 lights for my tent but if I had a $500 cob lights there is a good chance these plants would be twice the size they are now, so that being said this is how or why many can go to flower in 4 to 5 weeks and get huge yields.... But we all have to start some where and many of us can not fork out $500 on lights to get started. I am now studying up on cob lights I plan to upgrade to them eventually I think I will shop around for good prices for all the components and put my own together.

I think lights is pretty much the most important part of a grow setup best to buy the best you can to get started and if you find you like growing save your pennies and plan to upgrade to cobs if your using LED and want to get the fastest growth with the biggest yields. My space in limited so my goal is to get good enough and with the help of quality lighting the fill every inch of the 9 square foot with bud to get the highest quality yield at the fastest rate.

To me from what I have learned so far is the media, equipment, nutes, and how you use them to work together is the science of growing. How you train them to get bigger yields is the art of growing

4. My seeds germinated 1 day apart over a 3 day period.. plant 1 popped on a monday, plant 2 on tuesday, and plant 3 on wednesday...

[​IMG]

5. Today I would like to tell you about a manufacturing company that seems really great!

Vivosun....
    I bought one of their tents and left a review of it on Amazon I gave it 4 starts as it is a well built tent but I see light leaking out around zipper and vent openings. From all I have read light leaks are not good once you go into flower. I guess Vivosun reads reviews left by customers and respond. They said they were sorry I was not 100% satisfied and gave me a $30 refund on the purchase price of the tent so in the end the tent only cost me $69.

I would say if you buy any tent for under $100 it is going to have issues like light leaking, I was also looking at Apollo but could see from the pics they post for their tents real sloppy stitching which to me would indicate bad QC and or low quality so I discarded Apollo

I also bought a Vivosun exhaust fan, it works real well not a problem at all

Finally I bought a Vivosun 6" clip fan a couple weeks ago. To me the purpose of one of these clip fans is to be able to clamp it to the tent poles so you have a lot of versatility where you want to mount it to push wind anywhere you want it to go. Well the fan they sent me would not hold onto the polls it would either just slide down the poll or out right fall off and not hold, this could be bad if this thing fell off onto one of your plants it could damage the plant. So I gave it a 3 star review as the fan itself works good but the clamp sucks. Well once again Vivosun read the review, they told me they had changed the design of the clamp and I may have gotten one of the old ones that may have still been hanging around in stock. They are sending me a brand new one free of charge with the new clamp and I keep the old one.

Now I don't know about you but I really appreciate this kind of customer support after the sale I for sure will buy more Vivosun products as needed in future as long as they show this kind of support and desire to make thing right.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I just pulled the pots out of the tent to undo all the ties and redo them up to keep the training moving along. It has been quite hot here the past few days and one more real hot day to go. I do not have air conditioning, a couple days ago the temp went up to 90*F for a couple hours but for the most part it has been running in the high 80's in there during the hot part of the day. I can see the plants are feeling it a bit as the leaves are just a tad droopy not real bad so I will be happy when this heat get out of here....

7. Hey bro i was thinking about this last night I really think you ought to look into the option of growing hempy bucket style. If you look into it (Rollitup has a section called world of Hempy)you might be intrigued because it's all the best worlds. yet all the benefits of DWC. I know the reason mine are bigger is the light, but its also the fact that my hempy (especially mine cause their bottom fed) have airstones. I had great success (although crazy)on my first grow but hempy is for me cause the growth rate is the same with none of the downfalls. I have airstones but they can be ran without them. Bottom fed is another great addition to hempy. Every grow situation is different but I can tell some guys have over looked Hempy or don't know anything about it at all. I think it's easier then regular coco because the above but they're so close as it is anyway you might as well consider it. The growth rate is it is a lot faster as well with hempy.

Actually my first grow was DWC and I actually had hempy fabric pots sitting in my tent waiting filled with Coco because I

8. I don't know any thing about "hempy" grow or even what it is... I think your plants are a week to 10 days ahead of mine. The last few days mine have been exploding. I just retied them yesterday for training and took a peek today and looks like they need to be done again already. Your plants are looking mighty fine I can't wait to see them in the end!!!

9. Want to share a pic of what this is supposed to look like at harvest time.... :jump:
    [​IMG]

10. What cobs are you looking to get? I want them too. From the research I've done I'm looking to get Cree cxb3590. I just don't know what kelvin to get. Do I get 3500k and have one light for the entire grow or do I get two fixtures one 6500k for veg and one 3000k for flowering. What do you think about it?

11. I am slo looking at the cob lights. King sells a 900w for a good price

12. I have just started my research on them I am thinking either the cree 3590 or the bridgelux vero 29... I am thinking of going with a bit more toward the veg grow (maybe 4000k?) but add far red leds to flip on to work with the 4000k for flower. They have leds that can turn color wonder why they don't have them for grow leds so you could adjust the color to where ever you want.... I am seeing a lot of good things for the quantum boards as well but they are hard to get...

13. yea... I want to build a quality light with proven cob leds.. I have no idea what they are using for cobs....

14. VERO COB ARRAY ... they have kits or you can build it yourself. 288w max with dimmable controller . 3 cobs in the light system with 3 heat sinks

15. \

These guys seem to have a lot of good stuff at decent prices as well and very helpful I chatted with one of their reps a few days back
    DIY kits - Horticulture Kits - Rapid LED

16. ^^ and that's ACTUAL wattage. 220$... that's a dollar a watt ;D

17. That's the exact site I was talking about. They carry the DIY 3 cob arrays. Single boards or you can buy the kit . I got 2 for my 4x4 of the 288w

18. A
    Actually they are kind of at the top of my possibles.. I was thinking 2 of those with a dimmer switch for my 3 X 3 and maybe add some far red leds

19. This is the same place I was looking. I wonder what the markup is for the parts. I also want the quantum board with 4-6 cobs. I would totally do a diy if I knew what led's and driver's are.

20. Under $1 a watt. More like .80 cents. It's a 265 watt max light for $220. Vero cobs and meanwell driver. Hard to go wrong. This is the best deal around next to quantum board DIY. I would get 3500k if I had to choose one spectrum. 4k doesn't flower near as good but 3500k vegges 80-90% as well as 4k. You have to choose the 2100a driver for 265 watt max. The $299 same kit with crees is only 225 max because veros are higher output per cob.
    VERO29 Triple COB Array Kit

• Like Like x 2