My first grow set up Full journal grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Aug 15, 2017.

1. So today my very first grow set up got here... can't wait to get going! Seeds are ordered I went with auto flower fems for first grow as I hope to have a harvest for the holidays. I could not decide on media, soil or coco. I decided to go with coco and will be ordering that with all the nutes needed to go with it by next week.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. Looks good! Enjoy ! And good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got this far with a lot of reading here :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah man looks good, and I'm about a month in to first grow ! You will freak out a little and ask a billion questions! But lots of good people here to help

• Like Like x 4
  5. Yea I spent 2 months reading studying and researching before I pulled the trigger. I know I don;t have the best of everything but I think I got the biggest bang for my buck. I had a budget of $500 for the grow equipment and it came in at $467 so I am ahead there. My budget for the media and nutes is $200

6. What are you using for lights? How many plants are you planning? Tent size? What nutes? Are you using perlite? Why autos?

7. Hahhah..My initial budget was about $800..Now up to over $1500..This shit is addictive..LMAO

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Looks very good to me. A++

• Like Like x 1
  9. I got 2 Maxsisun 300 W lights for a 3 X 3 tent. I will put 2 plants in for my first go and plan to try to train them, I will be mixing perlite with the coco and will be getting General hydroponics flora grow, it has 3 different nutes in the kit and also will pick up a bottle of Calmag and of course a ph test kit with up down solutions. I am going with auto for first grow as I have read they have a bit of a shorter time from seed to harvest and I am really hoping to get my first harvest in for the holidays..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sounds good. Best of luck with your grow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Same toh me buzza I have spent like 1.6k now !! But yeh this guys stuff looks perfect for a nice grow... but I would not have done autos to start with, to many things can go wrong.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I bet it is easy to do.... I can see another tent soon and I may eventually get a couple of those quantum kit lights. I plan to grow in a spare room in house in winter and out in the garage in summer... The tent I have is 3 X 3 so it will not fit through the door to move it and after just finishing putting the tent up I near had a heart attack yanking and tugging on the floor of the tent to get it over the last corner of the frame lol so I don't think I want to be doing that to often would rather just have another for the garage for summer use :)

13. I think I have the same 3x3 and like you was petrified pulling the fabric over the poles..On my second grow now..1st was a winner!
    I now flower in the tent and Veg in a spare Bathroom and a spare closet in the house..

Have you figured seed expense??? If not be prepared..My plan was to buy maybe 10 feminized seeds - 3 strains, and then clone away..hahhah..no way..I always want more and different strains, even though I now have dialed in a cloning procedure..
    best of luck with your upcoming grows..:)

• Like Like x 1
  14. "Have you figured seed expense???"

Yes I have put orders in with 2 different suppliers in case one does not get here... I have an order with Nirvana and True North seed bank about $120 all together with shipping I am going easy as I have never bought seeds or dealt with vendors. I picked Aurora indica fem and Auto night queen fem.... and some free killer fem seeds will come with them

Picking seeds has so far been the hardest part I see the pics of all those beautiful buds and want to grow them all lol

15. My seeds got seized 3 times costing me like $250 US dollars before I got them...

16. Man, that sux!
    I have received seeds from MSNL, Bonza, True North, and TSSC with no issues at all. True North is good,(expensive and high shipping costs)..the others are in the UK with better pricing but higher risk of seizure..
    Never even had a pkg opened..

I have learned to clone (had only 1 success in 6 tries but....)
    Now have enough different seed strains on hand to satisfy my OCD..LMAO..

17. Yeah man it was bull shit - Australia got some brutal customs.. but all good have them now.. I'll be cloning I tired 3 in rock wool And honey and all worked but i gave them away

• Like Like x 1
  18. I know about Aussie customs TOUGH as hell..
    My more formal cloning attempts (in a DIY cloner) failed..Got frustrated, took a cutting, dipped it in an Aloe Finger and then straight to soil..Roots in 10 days..:) Weird...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 2x315 phantom LEC ran me $600 alone

• Like Like x 1
  20. 1 mars pro 320 cost me like 750 us