My first grow set up Full journal grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Ordered my nutes and media today all should be here the middle of next week. I ordered Cana coco, Cana coco A/B, Canna Cannazym, General Hydroponics Calimagic, Blue Gold Hydro Organic, Blue Gold Super Carb, PH UP/Down kit, and some Hoffman Perlite.

Anything else I will need? my first order of seed will hopefully be here by the end of next week...

2. You're gonna like the Canna nutes..I grow in soil and use Canna Terra nutes..:)
    Sounds like you are good to go..Enjoy!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't use additives so I can't comment on a lot of what you ordered - waste of money in my opinion. A quality nutrient line with all the necessary micro and macro elements made for coco, and possibly calmag if r/o water is used are all that is needed for healthy plants.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hey Mick yea I see you use I think Maxibloom?... I did also order a bag of that I want to try it on next grow just to compare if that works just as well can save money for sure

• Like Like x 1
  5. So update... I had put 2 orders in 1 from Canada and the other from NL... it took 12 days for the order from Canada to get here (in us) and 15 days for the NL order to get here. The Canada order actually only took 5 days to get here they just did not mail them for 7 days after they got payment.

I have auto fem seeds ans regular flowering fem seeds. Originally I was going to do the auto first so maybe I could have had a harvest by the tine the holidays come around. I figured the autos would be ready to harvest in Dec. and the regulars not till probably Jan. I was told autos could be harder and more thing could go wrong with them and it would be better for first grow to use the regular fem seeds...... so today I got Aurora indica fem regular flowering seeds germinating!!! :rave-girl:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Update.... I put 3 seeds into germination Friday.... got up this morning and one popped, she is in the tent now the other 2 nothing yet....hopefully I will have 2 more new girls to wake up to tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  7. How is your grow doing?? was disappointed to see my other 2 girls are still sleeping this morning...

8. Mine is going ok. It's on its second week of flowering. I've culled the males and I've only got 1 plant that I can't identify the sex. I've got 6 females for sure.

20170827_200922-1024x576.jpg

Here's a link to my journal: First Grow (Learning as I Go) 1000w HID

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hi guys. Im a intermediate grower and i have used nirvana twice (currently living in Illinois but from los angeles) and recently because the industry is changing we should not have to buy seeds overseas. So i went this time with a combination of a buddies from LA that he sent me (A little risky because he mentioned crossing some strains and I don't think he knows what he's doing) and a Facebook Group called Cannabis Seeds Worldwide. I have 5 gorilla glue fems coming for $25. Lots of deals and trades. Some risk is involved (like always) but they have a current blacklist and go after people who rip people off it's good to start with lower amount first if your not sure then once you find a good traders or sellers on there they are good. Way better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Personally I prefer to deal with a company that I know to be good, reliable, and in business for a long time. I don't really care what part of the world the seeds come from - I've never had a problem receiving them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wow they look great fucking awesome!!! I got home from work and found another baby girl waiting for me so just one more to pop.. where is a good discreet free site to upload pics to link to this site??

12. Since this is my first grow I have only ordered from 2 banks, Nirvana and True north. I will probably check out a couple other banks then settle with one.... they have to take CC I really don't want to mess with bitcoin or sending cash in the mail.

13. Agree to the max!
    MSNL used to have great genetics but now not so much..either are mixing up their orders or sneaking in some ringers..It is so hard to judge a Seedbank until you grow some of their seeds out..by then it's too late ..

My biggest issue with USA seedbanks is that they rarely have Feminized seeds, and when they do..gone in seconds..As @MickFoster said, never had an issue receiving beans from the UK or Canada.

14. Thanks! I've definitely put in a lot of time and work so far with them. I'm hoping they all produce quality bud and hopefully a decent amount. I'm definitely using 7 gal cloth pots next time. I think if I had more root room I'd have a bigger yield.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Y
    Yea you are way bigger than my set up I just have a 3 X 3 tent so I went with 3 plants... I think if they all take that will be more than my tent can handle but as my first grow I did an extra in case something happens to one of them

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ya understandable but its both. My green crack Fems and Pineapple Express came from a guy that distributes through seedsman and 000 Oregon Genetics with packaging that would be harder to fake then the ones I bought off of Nirvanashop. However, it does open itself up to issues that you wouldn't get from a overseas company. There are major pros and cons to both but as long as you buy off of guys like josh rios and some others like I did, the genetics are there and way cheaper and its nice to be able to pay with PayPal or other options

Guys like this guys actually try and go after guys and try to help any issues.

[​IMG]

17. I am very happy today.. my 3rd girl was born today so all 3 have germinated. The first one to open has the 2 rounded leaves and is starting to grow the first pair of jagged leaves the other two at this point only have 1 round leaf not 2 on those....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looking good bro. Wish we lived closer we could learn off of each other.

Just added and painted my grow skull to match my lights.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Looks like your a solid 10 days or better ahead of me... The jagged leaf set on my first born plant is only !/2 the size of yours and #2 plant has them just beginning, can just barely see them... #3 plant born yesterday does not look to well the one and only round leaf on it is brown at the tip...