My First Grow Room....Pics + Questions

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by roachkiller, Feb 14, 2009.

1. How many watts are they each? 42? If so i think you will be fine with 3-4 of them. It is hard to say 1-3 plants because there are so many variables. I didnt veg my plants at all, i got a clone and as soon as i saw roots i put them into flower so my plants are pretty small they are just bushy. I think you should put as many plants in your room as you want/can and just expect .5 grams per watt. I would think that if you put 2 or 3 you would have a nice looking plants if you put 5-6 you would just a have 5-6 low yielding plants.

Im not an expert but i would get 3-4 of those lights and grow 2-3 nice sized plants.

2. #42 roachkiller, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    4 Week Update

The new setup...
    setup.jpg

8" Pots
    allfour.jpg

Based on what I've learned from my grow bible, these I believe are Indicas...
    indicas.jpg

And these I think are Afghanicas...
    afghanicas.jpg

Some leaves starting to grow from the nodes, and also can't figure out what the spot/fading is being caused by...
    nodes.jpg

3. cool, thanks. And how much did you yield per plant when you went straight to flower?

4. I havent tried that method before and right now im 4 weeks into flower. Give me about 10 minutes and ill post some pictures so you can see my operation. I started with a clone so your 4 week update is a little different then mine. Yours plants look good though, keep doing what your doing.

5. Here are some pictures of my plants 29 days into flower. The small plants in the cups just went into flower but the 3 big ones have been in flower 29 days.

Attached Files:

6. yo,ms, those plants are sick looking very nice set up as well.roach your plants are starting to grow much bigger now and they look healthy!!!!:wave:

7. Thanks man, im pretty excited about them. The close up of the bigger plant is a strain called purple champagne. Have you ever heard anything about that strain? Its all new to me.

8. never heard of that strain? where did you hear about it or where did you get the seeds? well, lets hope it some good shit though:smoke:

9. I actually got a clone from a friend, but neither of us have grown it or even heard of it. I cant find much info about it online either. I found a couple sites that mention it but couldnt find much info.
    I can tell you one thing about it though, it stinks after about 1 week in flower. My carbon scrubber is barely keeping up with this plant. Ill let you know how it turns out...

10. yea, please keep me updated as i will be looking forward to it. thanks

11. About a day after transplant, the plants started turning yellow and wilting. This is what they look like now...

random 001.jpg

The two healthier ones look a bit better than they did a few days ago, and am pretty sure will survive.

random 005.jpg

I'm not so sure about these two...

random 003.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Is that soil or cocoa?

13. mix of soil and manure.

14. whats seeds did you use? sorry to see that two are experiencing difficulties, I hope all 4 pull through. I know this is your first grow room, but what is the expected matured size of your plants?

everything looks great and you seem to be pretty well educated and prepared for your first grow, im in the process of learning before i attempt my first.

looks good + rep!!!

15. #55 roachkiller, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    I just used seeds from decent weed that I bought. I was hoping to start budding when they are maybe 6 inches taller than they are now, I really don't want them to be too big. But yea, the Jorge Cervantes marijuana horticulture book is awesome, thats where I get most of my knowledge from.

16. I grow in cocoa therefore i dont know much about growing in soil. I hope those things pull through for you. Those bottom pictures dont look to promising but im sure your others will be just fine... Good luck man

17. how long did the water stay saturated for? hopefully you didnt overwater or anything!
    i really liked the pics you had of the flowering plants and the newer ones in the cups..
    a thought on sending straight to flowering...maybe you could lst for a week or two because you would get A LOT more bud! i have a small lst plant that will easily have 5 main tops and its only about 4" tall but if it were straight up itd be around 10" tall

18. Not quite sure if you are reffering to the pictures i posted. I did lst for a couple weeks, the plant is full of buds. Im growing 3 different strains and one strain got hermies from tying it down but once i untied it they went away and things seem fine now.

19. 7 Week Update

For those who care, its been about seven weeks since I put my seedlings in the solo cups. I transplanted them into 10" pots about 3 weeks ago, and the two that are left are growing very nicely.

Also, I'm pretty sure they will be showing signs of sex soon. They are both starting to grow something at the base of the 5th nodes, but it is way too small to identify it as male or female even with a magnifying glass. It seems at this point that one of the only things that would put a stop to my grow would be both of these turning out to be male. Although I've basically made it through veg, I hope I'm not speaking too soon, because I have no knowledge of the trials and tribulations of the flowering stage.

Anyways, here they are....
    random 003.jpg

Attached Files:

20. By the way, sorry for not thanking you for the rep., and the faor has been returned. I'm new and just didn't understand the rep system yet.