My First Grow (results)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by coloradogrown420, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Hey Grasscity!

I just completed my first ever grow and wanted to share with you the results.

My Setup

- 2 1000w hps lights.
    - 4 skywalker og plants under 1 of the 1000s
    - 4 stardawg (guava cut) under the other 1000.
    - Grown in coco
    - Cutting Edge Solutions
    - 5 gallon pots 

Pictures

Veg
    IMG_3982.jpg
    Skywalker
    IMG_1334.jpg
    Stardawg
    IMG_5161.jpg

Flower
    Skywalker
    IMG_0849.jpg
    Stardawg
    IMG_6551.jpg

Results
    12.5 oz from 3 skywalker plants (1 was ran for oil cause went bad)
    IMG_8175.jpg
    IMG_8891.jpg

16.5 oz from 4 stardawgs
    IMG_8288.jpg
    IMG_3295.jpg

Overall I am stoked on my first grow. Real dank weed all around. Im excited about my next grow as I will be adding 2 more lights and C02. Any opinions on what yields may have looked like with C02 tank added? Any suggestions for next grow?

Thanks

2. Wow man. That looks reaaaal nice.

I don't have any suggestions for you though, as this is my first grow as well but I hear that CO2 can makes worlds of difference if used properly.

We had 4 plants in a tent under a 400w. Harvested one Deadhead OG last Friday for 3.5 oz and am harvesting one Blue Mystic girl tonight.

View attachment 122409
    View attachment 122515
    View attachment 122407

3. shit man for a first grow, you did spectacularly. id say if you think your plants really need it added on past the ventilation. when applied properly ive heard it does good things
    http://www.theweedblog.com/co2-and-marijuana-plants/
    check that page out, i just found out more than i ever knew myself on it.
    other than that id say if you dont have any other specific questions, theres not even more i could advize. keep up the good work your off to a great start

4. Lookin good sir! Almost 2lbs for a first grow? Nice! Co2 will help down the line. I would invest in a tank and controller shortly if I were you. I mainly only use the co2 durring flower. It will help pack some density in durring bud formation...

Also, and I may be wrong, looks like you had a ton of excess foliage near the bottoms of your plants. Look into the training and lollypop techniques. Bud sites and excess foliage that cannot get light may as well be trimmed off so the plant can focus on the colas and sites where light and conditions are optimal. The more bud sites in the light, higher the yield!

Cheers and happy growing!!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. How long did they veg from seed or clone?

6. thanks for the comments. I vegged them until they were around 2 feet tall. What I am changing next time is pruning the shit out of them, adding C02 and not vegging them as long as they began to fall over!