My First Grow ***Pics***

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kappi187, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hello to all, as the title says this is my first grow and I would like some advice/opinions. Sorry my digital camera is kind of old so picture qaulity isnt at its best. Thanks.

Hydro w/ hydroton.
    Right now: 100W Metal Halid/Will switch to a 400W HPS/MH later
    Air Temp: 72 Degrees Fahrenheit/30-50% Humidity/2 Small fans(Also have 1 more small fan and a BIG BOX fan)
    Waterings - the timer is set to 3 times a day for 15 mins each(too much?)
    PH Range is 5-6.5 at all times.
    Nutrients/Supplements (General Hydro's Flora Series @ half stregth) 6 Gal
    hydro-tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Looks fine. Don't let that pH go above 5.8. Any hgher is no good for hydro.

3. See... learn something new everytime. THANK YOU!

4. Sure any time.

5. Its currently at 6 even and has not gone above 6 at all. It usually tends to be a little under 5.5 in the morning(when the light first turns on, I guess more acidic) dont know if this is normal?

6. Well I can't comment on that because I only clone hydroponically.

7. Oh well I guess. It hasnt gone over 6 and I just started water them. This is the second day. Hopefully nothing bad happens:confused:.

8. I know the res temps should be pretty close to 72 degrees plus or minus 2-3 degrees maybe.

9. So heres an update. Currently Day-12 with 2 plants and Day-2 with 6 plants and Day-0/1 with 2 seedlings. Total of 10 plants 2 are sativa/indica hybrid mix, 4 are Purple Power and the last 6 are just some regular "swag" seeds. Anyways 2 big plants on a 400W MH and 6 on a 100W MH, the last 2 on a 2ft 2800k Flourescent/Cloning lamp. Need one more small fan so when I decide to flower I use my HPS on the other side of my closet.

Look where they put my attic entry! Wierd, never seen this any-where in my area:confused:. Anyways need one more fan and power adapter, plan to get those this weekend;)

Anyways Here are the pictures:D:).

Attached Files:

10. Here ya go, my attic entry and light set-up.

Attached Files:

11. Lookin good baby keep'em comming.

12. Thanks, that gives me confidence. I dont have much. I have to confess, that this is not my first acutual grow but the first time I can acutally flower the plant. Before this I had grow a couple of plants but they were only swag seeds so no real waste in seed money but didnt have a HID lamp to flower them so they eventually died, one was eatin by my cat back when I was living with the parents and the second died because of overwatering, which brings me to my next point.

I have done alot of research/reading on GC and I also own Indoor Horticulture book on MJ, and I still dont really know if I am over watering them. I was wondering if someone who uses hydroponics with super starter plugs from sunleaves and hydroton. I use both a EBB and flood system and a drip system. Also, as a person can see in my pictures, I transfer from drip to ebb&flood is there any bad transfer shock? Even if the light doesnt shine on the roots and is covered by the hydroton? I read that in hydroponics just about any transfer from hydro to anything else is pretty root-shock-less, or no-transplant shock. Anyways... maybe some advice? LOL:D

13. Look at the bottom leaves on both. They are yellow? This normal? :confused:

Attached Files:

14. yes it's normal for that first node of leaves to fall off

15. Sweet, Thanks for the fast response!:)

16. So I bought I HydroHut Mini, looking to get some duct and some in-line fans. Anybody know where I can get in-line fans for cheap? Maybe somewhere online?

Also update: one of my plant's is heat stress'd temps are high with both MH's running. Looking forward to setting up my Hydrohut with some fans to cool down. Look at seedling growth, looks wierd:confused:.

Pics...:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. id normally use just floros of some kind until plants are at least a month old or 12 inches which ever comes first
    they will grow bushy and use can put the lights close and the heat doesnt build up
    i bought t5 lights and am in love with them

18. I know I was looking into the fluoro's but it takes like 16 bulbs to match a 400W HPS. And all the t5's Ive seen are like $350. When my HPS was $100 and came w/ a MH conversion bulb.

Know any places that have t5's for a cheaper price?

19. So I have been researching fans and blowers to try to keep my HydroHut cool. It gets to almost 90 degrees :mad:. I was wondering if anybody had any information on the fans. I was thinking of getting 2 fans, one to bring cool air in and another to remove it. I have the attic entry and I think my reflector has a 4 or 6 in. inlet-outlet.

I was just wondering if there was anybody with a hydrohut and has experience with these fans. I have seen some "duct boosters" online at Home Depot. They move up 500CFM. Anybody have any experience wiring these, as they dont come with pre-fab'd 12V grounded plug.

Anyways, plants getting a little hot but still growing quiet well. Looking forward to getting some advice on these.:D

20. BUMP can I get information please? Looking at in-line centrifigul fans. Maybe one intake, one exhaust.

Let me know.