My first grow op

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BioloGyMaJor, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Hi, ​

Ive been reading forums on this site for a couple days and ive acquired a whole lot of information over how to achieve a sucessfull grow op regardless of the experience degree.​

My digital camera was broken; so i got really high and basically laid out my grow box in microsoft paint to the best of my abiltiy haha. anyways​

[​IMG]

That is my entire layout :) !@! :hello:caveman style.​

I have these questions and i was wondering if anyone could help.​

1. should i aireate my water always?
    2. Will the flooding system 3X a day work for both veg and flower mode.
    3. What are other alternate ways to give a plant suffienct co2, i heard somewhere that you could spray the plant with club soda in a spray bottle. if anyone knows anything about that sounds fishy.
    4. what is the bare minimum amout of time before i can began to make a plant flower.
    5. What are ways to indentify the sex of your plant early.​

I will submit actual pictures of this process along the way. your input is much appreciated on the project.​

Good Gardening,
    Texas ^_^
    :wave:

2. Im not a hydro guy but I will help to the best of my abbilities.
    3. I heard a block of dry Ice in your grow room with give you Co2
    4. I wouldnt veg for less than a month
    5. put it on 12/12 early, put back on 24/0 when it shows sex. Plant will need a week to recover after this.

3. right now im growing some swag while i wait for my seeds from holland seedback, but they are only about 1 week old today and they are getting 18 hours a light a day, 6 hours of night time. but my question is how long before i can clone them and flower the clone to determine sex?

4. I cloned my 2 bag seeds at 3 weeks from seed and I think it was too soon. The best thing about running that bag weed is you can experiment with different things and see what is going to work in your specific environment. My white widow came last week and have already sprouted. Also got some afgan it seems strain takes longer to germinate I was about to give up on them and 2 sprouted out of 5. The best advice you can get is "Play with your new toy. Airate the res I found the plants loved it and the ph has been more stable I run mine all the time. You can get an air pump cheap at one of the pet stores. I got a dual pump for 60 gals { I have two 15gl tanks I use} for around $30 if that.

5. and let them veg from seed 5 or soo weeks or until they are at least 18" tall before you flower I found watering my system 4 times a day every 6 hours keeps the plants happy. Also only use 1/4 strength of your nutes. I am suffering a nute burn right now. I am feeding them ph balance water to fix. If you are taking clones you can flower after at least two week veg not counting the time it takes clones to reroot and heal. With the size of your space if you exhaust and pull in fresh air you will not need to worry about co2. They will get plenty if space is well ventalated/

Hope that helps.

6. thanks for the helpfull information. great thing that its just swag so i can experiement before the big daddys get here.

For my first grow i decided to try something perplex so i face more problems to save time. my first grow is going to be 6 different breeds.

Master Kush ( sounds delicious )
    Skunk #1
    Afgan
    Nirvana Special
    Pure Power Plant
    And one swag Plant

if you guys know anything about these breeds your input is well appreciated :)

im going next week to purchase a digital camera so i can keep you guys updated with great pictures.

happy gardening,
    TeXas :hello:

7. also guys i had another question

once again i designed my cab for stealth, its completly noise free // hidden

its in a cabinet, what i wanted to know was i got to thinking about it

and after i installed everything that i needed in this very small space it only left me with about 17 inches of room for the plants to grow tall, considering that i am going to grow mostly short hydro, will this be a insufficient amount of space? do they need more then 17 inches or can pull it off.

another question if im going to grow six plants at one time in the 17inch space will six over-crowd the area or should i start with only 4 till i can afford a bigger grow system.

third question. im using the flood//drain system i designed myself. is my 10 gallon resovior going to be enough for both veg//flower time. or will the plants depete the resovior halfway through the cycle. since its my first grow im not very positive as to how much water 4-6 plants will consume.

thanks again for the responses,

happy gardening,
    TeXas :hello:

8. !7 inches is very small plants will double in size at least, less if you top but it will grow non the less. The res water will evaporate quickly without an air pump but will still evaporate, you will need time and get a feel for how "your" system is going to run. For instance the temp in my room is 90 degrees plants are doing good. I also started some afgan seeds the took 8 days to sprout. The white widow sprouted in 2 days. I digress, the temp in my room most people will say is deadly but they are thriving well. I am also new at this and am getting great info from this forum. There's is Anoy who is full of good info, he floats around. The best thing to do is if you think of something, try it on the swag plant, if you kill it you learned what not to do and vice versa. It's not rocket science but it sure is fun.

9. on nutrient's and supplements you see numbers like 13-45-20
    or something

what do these numbers mean?