my first grow/ journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Syinds, Nov 28, 2011.

1. #61 Syinds, Dec 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
    I tried to lst a week b4 but the 2 plants wasn't having it, toped a week or a couple days b4 switch , becuz I dried 4 three days b4 switching , but look at this one , don't know what the problem is.... , plus can I use pee for nutes

Attached Files:

2. When you say pee, do you mean pee as in urine? I would think that would actually kill the plant since pee is full of ammonia. I am just using the fox farm trio for nutes. There is other stuff out there that probably works good too, but fox farm is working for me.

3. The first two are doing good, can't say the same for the other, I don't kn:confused:ow wth happen

Attached Files:

4. Why are you trying to contradict me when you don't know what you are talking about. You LST early in veg so that you can get multiple tops. LST'ing for 1-2 week wont do anything. The plant does not look fine, it as a huge stalk for how small it is, and looks quite stressed.

Do you not have any nutes......?

5. That looksl ike a nute burn, but NO DONT EVER EVER EVER Pee on your plants, i read somewhere it can ruin the crop,

6. Wow Pee huh? Crazy if you use piss for nuets

7. #67 Syinds, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011

Attached Files:

8. Ladie

Attached Files:

9. Ding ding we got a ladies has she broken flower?

10. Broken flower?? . The only change I see is there are going to be gloss green leaves coming in

11. Damn smart phone! Nevermind forgot what I was going to say any way how long they been flowering for?

12. 2 weeks into flower

13. Good deal I just flipped mine today im letting sit in 60 hours of darkness then putting them under 600 Watt HPS

14. Lucky you, im just using 2 250watts and 2 150watts cfl, I need another fan tho its getting to hot 85

15. Now let's start seeing sum bud

Attached Files:

16. I went to jail for three days and didn't water for 2 they were hella welted when I got back I watered and and now the light are off post pics 2morrow

17. Muuuch better, wish I would have took a b4 pic

Attached Files:

18. WTF you doing in jail? How old are they now?

19. #79 Phytosapien, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
    Not that it will change anyone's minds about urine fertilizing, but here's a scientific article that discusses the use of urine in horticulture: http://www.ecosanres.org/pdf_files/PM_Report/Chapter_10_The_usefulness_of_urine_a.pdf

Some common misconceptions that I would like to clear up:
    No, urine does not contain ammonia when you urinate (at least not in significant quantities) because ammonia is just as toxic to humans as it is to plants, your body does not store ammonia, it stores urea. Ammonia in urine is the result of bacteria that metabolize urea to make ammonia. Fresh urine is sterile, but if it is left out in open air for too long, bacteria will colonize the urine and begin making ammonia. Do not fertilize with urine that has any sort of odor. Sterile urine should not have an odor (unless you recently ate asparagus).
    Yes, urine contains salts that can accumulate in your soil. Human urine can contain up to 5% salts by weight (of this 5%, your body can concentrate NaCl to 2% while the other 3% are other salts like KCl, CaCl2 etc.) To avoid nutrient lockout caused by salts, water enough between urine-feedings that there is water runoff. Also, dilute urine as such: 1 part urine in 10 parts water.
    Yes, urine is an incredible source of nitrogen, but it is not as good of a source of potassium or phosphate. The approximate NPK of urine is 11.2:1:2

Final remarks: Don't shit on your plants, your shit contains pathogens which primarily puts you in danger of serious infection. Human feces can be used as fertilizer too, but it must go through a lengthy treatment process that most people could not do in their own homes. I completely understand why people don't want to feed their plants with urine, but it's not necessarily an idiotic idea. It's any animal's instinct not to touch or handle their waste, and humans are no different. Plants have formed complex relationships with animals in nature and one aspect of that relationship is that one animal's waste is another plant's food. I mean, we inhale one of the waste products that plants produce: oxygen.

20. Tickets, and failures to appear but its kool now plants look way better I say 3 almost 4 weeks but when they dryed out it may have shocked it a little but they bounced back