My first grow journal. Starting mothers

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Nickolai7221, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Okay! Hi, my name's Nickolai. Nick's cool if you like. I'm pretty new to growing but I learnt everything from the GC! I'm starting my mothers today and want to share my experiences and take any advise it could use. I'm starting the seeds in coco coir, 4" square pots, in a germination station with a 2" dome under a small t5. I'll post pics today of the soil I'm mixing and letting cook while the seeds sprout. I'll cover everything through harvest. If I miss something please let me know. Thanks guys!

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390504417.887276.jpg 2x White Widow from Flying Dutchman Seeds2x Northern Lights from Vision Seeds2x White Strawberry Skunk from Strain Hunters SeedsI'm only starting 2 of each because that's all I can legally grow at once."Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390505541.710576.jpg in the big bags are worm castings, aged compost, and alfalfa meal(buildasoil.com).The small bags in front are neem cake, glacial rock dust, gypsum, oyster flour, and crab meal(buildasoil.com).The 4 dr.Earth boxes are all purpose fertilizer, fish meal, fish bone meal, and kelp meal(local nursery).The little brown bags in the left are CALPHOS, blood meal, and bone meal(everwoodfarm.com[including azomite])My basse will be peat moss and perlite.I'm making this soil for the clones I take from my mothers so there will be a lot. However, my mothers will be in 1 gal. Containers. So I need almost 1 cubic foot total. 100 gallons total in the batch so it can cook while I wait for clones :)"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

4. Heya nick! You've got quite the collection of amendments there! I'm subbed.

5. [quote name="thomasmfjefferson2" post="19396332" timestamp="1390541498"]Heya nick! You've got quite the collection of amendments there! I'm subbed.[/quote]i was hoping one of you guys would stop by! :D starting my seeds in the morning. My soils outside cooking under a tarp(for kitty-turd protection)"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390615447.220936.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390615469.870463.jpg well the seeds are all planted. I usually put mych and humic acid but this time it's just coco coir. With a heat mat and a small t5 the temps will be 78-85 with a 24 hr photoperiod for the first 3 weeks.My soil is mixed and watered. By the time my seeds are ready it'll be nice and nutrient cycled.I water my seedlings with RO water. I never ph the seedlings water. You simply don't have to if the ppm is a 0. Idk if it's true for everyone but it hasn't failed me yet :) the seeds do it all themselves. I'll let you know if any sprout in the meantime, however I'm in the process of getting my fruit and veggies back into the yard in a few weeks so I've gottalotta work until my seeds hit the grow room. "Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

7. Nice! Gotta keep those cat turds out lol. No need to pH imo! Looks like ir set for success, man. I wish I could leave my soil outside w/out it freezing heh.

8. Yeah I'm lucky here in zone 9. It's only getting about 45-50 at night.Cat turds are a VERY REAL problem hahaI'm hoping to see some sprouts tomorrow. At least one. I'll let ya'll know"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390701775.708180.jpg got my 2 25s for the first 2 veg plants. I got another 25 that will be split into smaller containers for the mothers. In the center are 2 small containers for mothers because I had a little too much haha. And a 15 for a lemon tree that needs transplanting before the spring. If anybody cares, I'll show post the lemon, tobacco, and poppies I'm moving soon lol"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390794574.724259.jpg 1 has sprouted! Muahaha it's the white strawberry skunk. 5 more to go"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

11. Sweet! I'll look at some lemons n what-not hah. Those 25's look like a nice size to work with... I just started a couple 10 gallons that look very similar with the empty xplant pot. Got any mulching plans?

12. Cool we have a lemon tree too, it loves being outside in the summer. its about 4 years old.

13. Yeah garden leaves. Maple/ash. It's all I've got lol"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

14. I'll post the others tomorrow :) I'm falling asleep"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390840271.372923.jpg every seed is showing. I'll begin the countdown today. In 21 days they'll be in 1 gallon containers rooting away. They're all gonna be bonsais. I'll post pics of the root cutting. (I know that was the strangest thing when I started)"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

16. The light sits right between the two rows so they tend to lean in that direction. I've had to turn their little containers around like 4 times today. But I suppose it can only make them stronger. I'll post pics later"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

17. Have u done bonsai's before? Should be cool to watch I want to try one day...

18. I have not. But I've seen it done. I'll post pics of the important steps. I'm thinking of taking the soil I cut off of the rhizo and just breaking it up and putting it back. With that super soil, I'd think it'd be fine, yeah?"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

19. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1390926014.462611.jpg mycelium! "Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson

20. And all of my seedlings have outgrown the 2" dome. I have an 8" but do you think they still need the humidity? I can mist them as often as I need to as well. I just want them in the veg room under the big lights haha"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."- Thomas Jefferson